Dredmorpedia

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by J-Factor, Dec 13, 2011.

1. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

Now that 1.0.8 is out and the wiki is out of date I thought I'd post this - an automatically generated semi-wiki-site-thing I made. It parses Dredmor's game files and regenerates every time you load the page.

This makes it very easy to keep up to date. I'm planning on making it work offline using your own game files (and potentially mod files). This will let you have a guide for whatever version of the dungeon you're in.

Without further ado:

http://j-factor.com/dredmorpedia/

Post any feedback / bugs / etc here. Or a wittier name than '-pedia' / '-nomicon'.

Zion6, pottering, eragfred and 22 others like this.
  2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I endorse this awesome resource fully (the crafting recipes even have tooltips!)

Stickying.

3. aggelon

aggelon Member

That's great !

4. DredLess

DredLess Member

Can someone please please please explain to me why I cant craft steel ingots, the egg based stuff and the cheese sandwich with my ingot press? Im not even seeing the recipe in the menu...

5. Loren

Loren Member

Really cool site, J-Factor. I'm sure it's a WIP, but adding links through or hover spell tooltips to the skills would be a welcome addition.

6. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

You should add the procs to these (Axetar and Axekeytar's on-hits), Pyromancer's Gloves on-throw (it's description does not lie, you be throwing fire), etc (I think that might be it though).

7. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

Procs and such will be added once I've got Spell parsing working.

Spells are going to be a pain. Especially template spells...

8. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

Changelog:

- Added Realm of the Diggle Gods content
    - Added Spells section
    - Integrated Spells into the Items and Skills sections
    - Added a cute loading animation
    - Improved and fixed a lot of other stuff that I can't remember

9. Blue

Blue Member

Most excellent work, J-Factor, an asset to the whole community, if I may say so. Keep it up!

phasmy likes this.
  10. phasmy

phasmy Member

Awesome work man. Hope all the newbies struggling with Dredmor and the Diggles (That could be a band...) see this.

11. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

Targetblink doesn't teleport the target! It teleports the caster with an animation, to a random nearby space that seems to be in a different pattern when there is a target.

12. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

Changed to 'Teleports Randomly', pending further testing.

Most of the effects were done in a rush and many are incomplete. For most I just added a description that vaguely matches the effect's type.

I also have to add cooldowns / mana requirements.

13. Velorien

Velorien Member

Brilliant work.

One thing: a lot of spells are labelled "affects the caster" when they presumably affect the target and *not* the caster (e.g. non-AoE missile spells).

14. BladedBlades

BladedBlades Member

Ok, this is very nice. *adds to firefox tabs* Maybe add a "comments" section where people can comment on their experiences with said items, etc?

Blue likes this.
  15. Blue

Blue Member

^This, this, THIS! Pretty please?

16. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

Comments will be a whole lot harder to implement given the way Dredmorpedia works (100% javascript). They'll have to wait until I've finished the main content.

Changed to 'Can affect caster' - I'm not exactly sure why non-AoE missile spells have the 'affectsCaster' attribute in the XML.

Changelog:
    • Added Mana requirements and Cooldowns to spells
    • Added archetypes and item loadouts to Skills (still need to show whether the item is always given or not)
    • Added linking and navigation history (this lets you link to a particular item and navigate Dredmorpedia with back/forward)
    • Fixed various things
    Todo:
    • Monsters
    • Template Spells
    • Statistic calculations
    • ??

17. Velorien

Velorien Member

You, sir/madam/eldritch abomination, are my hero and I greatly respect you for the work you do.

Because, as I learned yesterday, it is apparently possible to mis-click and hit yourself with a Thor's Fulminaric Bolt right after opening the door to a room containing several Thermoblobbies. RIP Altaeon the Adventurer.

18. Aldin

Aldin Member

Great site, although I do think the name Digglepedia would've been a better pick. :)

19. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

seems to be stuck on the loading screen for me.

20. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Lately it takes a while because it loads everything up. If it doesn't load after 10-15 seconds try reloading without cache (ctrl+f5 in firefox)