Some monsters see invisible now?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by curious nu, Dec 15, 2011.

1. curious nu

curious nu Member

Death by frozen carroty because apparently my Ninja Vanish doesn't matter to them. Or is this a bug?

2. kitmehsu

kitmehsu Member

from my experence, monsters can see invisible much like the player could see inivible monsters IE right next to you.

3. Luke00016

Luke00016 Member

Did you die on the very next turn? This is happening to invisibility potions, too. Monsters have aggro on you the turn you active an 'invisibility' effect and lose it the next turn.

4. curious nu

curious nu Member

Luke: yeah, that's what happened. Foo. If it's not a bug, it's a lot less useful now on its own.

5. Sniktch

Sniktch Member

Yup. Gotta have at least 2 squares of space for invisibility to be useful, otherwise they just smack you.

6. blob

blob Member

There seems to be a bug though or maybe some of them DO see invisible heroes:
    I kept being the target of long range attacks from Wights when invisible. And I was a good 5 or 6 square away.

7. Sniktch

Sniktch Member

It seems ALL critters with a ranged attack can ignore invisibility at will - yes, this DOES mean skipping Zoos unless you have spammable AoE (AKA mage)might be a good idea, sine you'll have 15-20 ranged critters hiding in the back who WILL constant-blast you as soon as you come close enough to trigger them.

lccorp2 likes this.
  8. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

It's gotten bad enough that I've been saving bolts of squid for AFTER the zoo's been cleared out, as opposed to before.