1.08 Bugs

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Null, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

I might as well just start a list:

• Haemetic Phylactery might be a starting item if you have Alchemy
    • I had a quest item which appeared as a wizard's sleeve. When I attempted to pick it up it changed to a blue lutefisk icon, keeping the same name.
    • Drowning in Lava still uses that nice blue water drowning animation. Also: First. (maybe not but I've beaten at least 1 in 1000 players)

Three related rather affecting bugs
    • Monsters can sometimes move or attack after death. If they attack they don't do damage but still play the animation.
    • You can still walk onto monsters if you move while they're moving.
    • Monsters may hit you whlie you're moving off of a tile. I just died because an AI hit me going up the stairs in such a way that's not possible. They don't have extendable arms and can't move them forward, then turn right, then up the stairs to attack. That's not how it works.

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Just touching up on the wizard's sleeve. It's one of the random quest item icons that just happens to share the icon of the wizard's sleeve. I found it a lot in the past months.

3. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

The bug is that it randomly changed icon when I tried to pick it up.

4. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Yeah it happens to all the "find item" quests.

5. jzworkman

jzworkman Member

Is health regen not working from the potion of lively regeneration not working for anyone else?

6. For some reaosn the potion can be resisted, in which case you don't get the effect.

7. ghost#13

ghost#13 Member

Windows:
    • Can't see high scores and 'last choice' isn't working (always highlights first 7 skills). The same was with 1.0.6
    • Sometimes crafting window doesn't display any recipes and if you click the arrows, game crashes
    Linux:
    • Random crashes. The first one occurred after choosing skills, the other one in tutorial and the other when I entered level 2
    • In fact, it's not a bug. In main menu there seem to be buttons under "Quit" as the sound is played once you click there

8. Xaxio

Xaxio Member

1. In the tutorial list, it seems like the tutorials are repeated a few times.
    2. Clicking the "Menu" button again doesn't close the menu.
    3. I can start a new character with the "Deadshot" skill by clicking "Last" at the skill selection screen.
    4. I can open the "Character" and then "Skills" screens, but not the "Skills" and then "Character" screens. (ordering issue)
    5. I can't load my save from the previous version. <insert sad panda face here?:( >

9. Moglok

Moglok Member

1. When using vending machines with the burglary skill, about 1 in 3 times your game will crash.

10. shaf

shaf Member

Can't get Play both Sides Achievment in stream after starting a female character.

11. Hybelkanin

Hybelkanin Member

Flame Runes from Monstrous Masks cast on the player trigger immediately after cast, even if moving away from them. Could be intended? Not sure if the same applies to the promothean skill version of it, when cast on enemies.

12. Moglok

Moglok Member

had a crash on floor 2 of the dungeon, i was just walking along..

13. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

I get random crashes clicking on a vending machine (not sure if burglary is necessary, but I did have burglary at the time. I also have had the game just randomly crash on me for no discernable reason. I've been getting somewhat frustrated with the game as-is so I'm putting it aside until the next patch. I'm running Windows 7/64 bit btw.

Oh, and it's not a bug, per se, but I reallyl don't like the new crafting interface. You can't really tell sometimes what you are crafting, what the crafting materials are, etc. I understand that crafting as it was was not that user-friendly, but imho, this is a step in the wrong direction. I don't really play Terraria or minecraft or whatever the inspiration was for this system, but I really hope this is not what they use because this way is just confusing.

14. Wallach

Wallach Member

Don't know if this is specific to 1.08 or what (I haven't played since like 1.04), but wands seem to stack now but don't keep track of the separate wands in the stack. I had one fire wand with like six charges left, then crafted four more wands with the n-Dimensional Lathe, which stacked onto the current fire wand. When I used the remaining six charges, the entire stack burnt out, wasting all of the other four wands which should have had full charges.

15. Godwin

Godwin Member

Windows 7 premium 64 bit, steam version DoD, 1.08 with hotfix:

* Just had no mouse pointer the third time starting with the same build.
    * If I tick on 'larger UI elements' in options the autoloot is ticked on as well and I cannot turn it off.
    * [​IMG]

16. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

I automatically downloaded a new patch(?) today (no change in version #), and the crash problems seem to have disappeared.

17. corrodedlotus

corrodedlotus Member

I crafted 2 electrum rings and when i selected the 'stack' and put dragged it to my ring slot, it merged into one :(

18. Godwin

Godwin Member

* When you drink a corpses blood with the level 2 vampire skill it also removes at least the acidic pool left on the ground by a blobby. Maybe other ground stuff is effected too, dunno (Dbaum's school taught me to always type effect instead of affect :D).

19. jzworkman

jzworkman Member

This has been a bug since at least 1.0.5 When you destroy the corpse, the spell they cast goes away(fire, steam, poison gas, acid etc.)

20. evankimori

evankimori Member

Monsters with a Revive ability (the masked guys) in a Monster Zoo break the zoo because when a monster that counts towards the zoo total is revived, the countdown doesn't remove that monster from the total when the zoo is cleared. Did a zoo where I got one with a Revive and the countdown got stuck at 2 monsters left. I went out, explored the dungeon and cleared whatever I found but the countdown remained at 2 because of the Revive.