Great game, with a few flaws...

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by lockeslylcrit, Jul 15, 2011.

1. lockeslylcrit

lockeslylcrit Member

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore this game ever since TotalBiscuit did his WTF Is video on it, and I love the fact that within an hour I saw no less than four Dwarf Fortress references (plastic bolt, plastic ring, Going Rogue difficulty, and Conflagration Resist descriptions), but I feel there should be a few changes to the game.

1. I don't know if it's just me, but when the music changes, it freezes the game for about half a second each time.
    2. Only the backpack and the crafting window can be moved, and nothing can be moved if a crafting recipe window is open.
    3. I have yet to find a way to take individual items from a stack. On that note, crafting tools should not be stacked. I have no use for more than one of each, and I'd like to sell my excess.
    4. I know this topic is of some debate, but I would definitely like to see more Steam achievements than just "die to diggles" or "complete the game". Achievements can help extend the life of a game more than normal for some people, which means more player retention.
    5. I'm running at 1920x1080, and the hotkey bar is way too small. On the same note, I would like to see larger floating damage numbers when you get hit.
    6. Vampirism Attack is just a tad too overpowered.
    7. Burglary is just a tab too underpowered. Three subskills give +1 Trap Sight Radius each but only two give +1 Trap Affinity each. And no Sneakiness, unless you count the Nimbleness you gain each rank.
    8. It's a little hard to determine whether you are getting a stat bonus, an attack damage bonus, or a resist bonus from the item/skill descriptions.
    9. Dual-wielding shields with Unarmed skill is just a tad too overpowered. And silly.

2. Tankosaurus

Tankosaurus Member

i feel the complete opposite about point # 6 and 7, and especially 7.

Burglary feels like a necessary skill to me, if only up to "move in a mysterious way" so you have 2 get out of jail free cards. plus having a lot of lockpicks is nice for sacrificing to the lutefisk cube

3. lockeslylcrit

lockeslylcrit Member

While I agree that Burglary is a great utility skill, my argument is that against traps it is a bit too weak. Finding traps is all nice and dandy, but it seems I cant disarm them very well for the life of me without chugging food first.

4. Rikkard

Rikkard Member

Burglary isn't the trap skill. Sure it has one or two points, but you are looking at the wrong tree for what you are trying to do if you just want to pull up traps.

5. Fantasticpow

Fantasticpow Member

disarming and placing trap is based off tinkering my friend.