Windows Vista/7 32-bit Crash on Skill Selection screen

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by saturnine, Dec 12, 2011.

1. saturnine

saturnine Member

Upgrade from a previous install that was working fine--when I tried to select the skills I found that there was empty space where the new skills should be, and clicking on them immediately and consistently crashed the game. It crashed regardless of the -opengl startup command being used.

Deleted it from Steam and removed the folder, reinstalling now. Will update this post again once it's done downloading.

2. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

New skill trees are DLC only. That said, I'll fix the crash.

I think the problem here is that the word "skill" is overloaded to both refer to the spell-type things that you get *in* a tree, and to the new skill lines themselves. So each skill tree has 5 new skills in it, but the new skill trees are in the Diggle Gods DLC only. Which ... is its own issue.

3. saturnine

saturnine Member

Ah, that... makes sense. I had the impression that the new skill trees would be in the game rather than being DLC-only, thus my confusion at merely seeing the old trees.

Thanks for the speedy reply, and for the record, a clean install didn't fix anything.

4. Wootah

Wootah Member

Hmm i thought the new skills were going to be in 1.08. I understand you want to pull people into the game with them, but couldn't they easily be included with the modding anyway?

5. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Each old tree has a bunch of new skills (like perception is now awesome) for free, but the new lines/trees are expansion.

Edit: not each old tree, but more than half.