Cannot get the game to display correctly on a wide screen monitor

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Walthulhu, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Walthulhu

Walthulhu Member

Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron One with a widescreen monitor (1920 x 1280 res) and none of the available game resolutions allow me to display the game correctly. I cannot play at all since none of the menus and information (belt etc.) show up on the display at the screen bottom where are supposed to be, but instead are "off-screen".

Playing at a smaller resolution simply creates a small window with the same cut-off problems. Is there a config file of some kind that needs to be tweaked?

I purchased the game through Steam if that makes any difference.

I REALLY want to play this great looking game. Please help. Thanks!

-Walt

2. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

The only way to purchase the game currently is through Steam, so it doesn't make much difference. :)

Can you send us a screen capture of the problems? (Also, of the list of available resolutions?)

Exile likes this.
  3. Greg72

Greg72 Member

I'm playing 1920 x 1280 and it works fine, maybe its your desktop or another setting that is causing the conflict

4. Drog

Drog Member

Its because of your font size in Windows. If its larger than default, a good chunk of the display will be cut off. You could change it, but then you have to log off and log on again every time.

I pointed out the same thing, lets hope the developers take notice and do something about it with the next patch.

5. Walthulhu

Walthulhu Member

Thanks Drog, it was the font size! Love the game!