Dredmorpedia

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by J-Factor, Dec 13, 2011.

1. birb

birb Member

No no, I understand that. That's not the hard part. The hard part would be going through and creating every single item, spell, skill, etc. individually through the template on Dredmorpedia. Aside from the fact that that would be utterly and mind-bogglingly slow and require stupid amounts of time, I don't know how to assign them to a mod option to toggle on the site itself.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Stoz

Stoz Member

Does anyone have a way to contact J-Factor?

I am looking to update my version (http://dredmor.stosic.org) and I want to create a github repository for the code but I first want to see if J-Factor was alright with that as it is his creation, not mine.

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  3. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Considering that he wasn't seen for a really long time and when he was still there he seemed to be cool with things of that sort, I say go for it.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Stoz

Stoz Member

Based on his posting of a zip file with the source code I have decided to go for it.

The github repository is here: https://github.com/stoz/dredmorpedia

I have also updated http://dredmor.stosic.org to use the 1.1.4 game data.

Mods should now work again as well. I don't really use mods, but please post here if a mod need to be updated or if there are specific mods that you want added.

I am currently working on Encrusts.

5. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

Hi Stoz,

I 100% support what you're doing and feel honoured that you'd want to continue this project.

I apologise in advance for how messy / weird the Dredmorpedia code may be (you know how it is when you look back at old code you wrote... and this was 4 years ago).

Good luck! If there's anything you need, I may try not to completely disappear off the face of the earth this time. Maybe.

(also this isn't what I expected to find when I decided to google one of my old projects to remember 'the good ol days').

6. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

(Oh wow, welcome back!)

7. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Glad to see you J-Factor :) hope everything's good for you.

OmniaNigrum, Kazeto and Haldurson like this.
  8. aznxknight

aznxknight Member

I want to revive this topic because i have a question about it.
    I see under monster there are bonus stats but what does this all mean? How do these enemies get these stats in the first place?

9. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I'm replying without checking since I only have a moment before having to go to work now, but as far as I remember it was either the floor scaling or a bonus from being an elite monster. Give me 12 hours or so to get back and get myself functional and I'll try to find out for sure.

Edit:
    Never mind, the bonus stats are the modifiers the monsters are always getting in addition to the stats they get from their class levels. If you look at the monster-defining file, you will see that the monsters' stats are defined by the class levels and then additional stats are added on top of that. So it is a way to give us a way to easily define new monsters that are about as strong as the stuff they are based on.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  10. Pyrotanis

Pyrotanis Member

Hello, everyone! Long, long time no see. I've been playing this game on and off for years and have been using this great resource for most of that time. I just wanted to give a PSA regarding a recent problem I had with dredmorpedia.

IF YOU ARE STUCK LOADING THE WEBSITE, TURN OFF YOUR ADBLOCK EXTENSION (uBlock Origin in my case). There have never been ads on the site anyway, thanks j-factor :).

Kazeto likes this.
  11. MeMyselfAnDie

MeMyselfAnDie Member

Not sure if anyone is still active on this project, but if so, I would like to request Craft'n'smelt be added. Thanks in advance if it's doable :)

12. PeterH

PeterH Member

I think Gaslamp Games is a ghost ship now. The devs have not been seen since the beginning of December 2016.

13. Thornstromb

Thornstromb Member

This has been dead a while, i know, but i'm trying to get the Dredmorpedia working offline. I've figured out to launch the Index.html in Chrome or Edge, but when i do it loads only the Stats page. Everything else is blank. And yes, i copied over the data files like is required. Note that in chrome it displays nothing on mods screen, Edge displays the expansions and base game but still fails to load any data.

14. otarU1921

otarU1921 Member

You need to install a web server to run the site locally.

https://ufile.io/dz6kq

Or install mongoose and run a bat with this content.

Mongoose.conf
    Code:
    listening_ports 8081
    run.bat

Code:
    start /b mongoose-3.0.exe
    start "" "http://localhost:8081/"

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    Kazeto likes this.
  15. Stoz

Stoz Member

A quick update. Dredmorpedia now has a proper home:

http://dredmorpedia.com

Also available via HTTPS which will be useful as more browsers introduce "not secure" warnings on HTTP pages.

It's hosted on Amazon's S3 and proxied behind Cloudflare so it should be fast (although still takes a while to load all the images).

I also added an Encrusts section, although I haven't been able to display the actual effects of the encrusts yet, just the title, description and requirements.

As usual, any issues can be reported on GitHub.

Vitellozzo and J-Factor like this.
  16. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

Amazing work Stoz! I really appreciate all you've done to keep Dredmorpedia going (to think, you created the Github version 4 whole years ago!)

Now we just need to get the word out about Dredmor itself. With the recent success of games like Slay the Spire I feel like a lot of new people could be introduced to our cozy little dungeon...

Kazeto and Stoz like this.
  17. Stoz

Stoz Member

Thanks for the kind words J-Factor. I owe it all to you though, I'd never have had the idea or initiative to create something like Dredmorpedia. I'm not playing Dredmor right now (although I'm sure I'll go back to it soon) but I'm happy to give back to one of my favourite games I've ever played.

Kazeto likes this.
  18. Leot

Leot Member

Without knowing me from Adam, I fly around the world working as an internet marketer. I've been looking to create a roguelike of my own once I have time, which I do not.

That said, if Dredmor, my second roguelike, and favorite game ever, has a revival in some shape or form, I would personally invest time in making sure it worked.

I especially say this after reading Stoz' May 9th message.

There are ways of boosting site speed which help with rankings. I would just use gtmetrix to take a fast overview of it, and anyone feel free to reach out to me here, or send an email to elliot.circus@gmail.com.

Since Dredmor I have also worked on Tales of Maj'Eyal, and look to do more, even when I can't do it alone.

Also: Slay the Spire is a pretty cool game.

19. MurdustheWild

MurdustheWild Member

Hey Stoz, I just wanted to say thank you for keeping the Dredmorpedia up and running. I know you're unlikely to actually read this, as let's be real, no one really comes here anymore, but regardless, I'm extremely grateful.

Stoz and Vitellozzo like this.
  20. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

J-Factor is a boss for the Dredmorpedia!