Radiation Cloud animation appears to be below actual location

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Bohandas, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

The animations for the spell mines left by things like the Dwarven Atom Smasher and The Bomb consistently appear on screen to be one square below their actual locations.

(I think the animation needs to be tweaked somehow; maybe add some extra space at the bottom or something)

EDIT:
    In the attached image the spell mine is one tile to the left of the player. As you can see, it appears to be one tile below from that location

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  2. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

On experimentation, adding extra space at the bottom doesn't seem to help. Somehow the animation remains obstinately in the same place (is it drawing it from the top down???).

In any case something needs to be done when you have the time to get around to it, because it looks really bad, to the point where the items that use these effects actually detract from the game because of it.

3. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

I've found that removing the lines:

Code:
    mineUseGlints="1" 
    mineGlintDensity="2"

from the code for Tiny Radiation Cloud, Small Radiation Cloud, and Giant Radiation Cloud - especially in combination with images slightly higher up on the canvas - makes it display in the correct square . . . but it also makes the effect look kind of underwhelming

EDIT:
    The attached bmp file shows what the radion effects look like now; less impressive looking but accurate

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  4. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Here's a more impressive looking and visible edited set of images to use with the edited spellDB

Attached Files:

5. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

And here's the corrected Expansion 3 spellDB

Attached Files: