I Miss the Wednesday Blog

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Unforked, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Unforked

Unforked Member

I understand it takes a lot of time and effort, (and if it's a choice between the blog and getting more game work done, of course the game comes first) but those weekly posts entertained and informed me for years. Nicholas showing his inner Carmack, David giving us insights on the artistic process or discussing the inner-workings of cult formation, Daniel with the maddening intricacies of U.I. development, and Chris with various commodity logistics, balance, and animation talk.

Excited to see the next one, whenever it may be.

Kaldo, Exile, Turbo164 and 4 others like this.
  2. Samut

Samut Member

Agreed. The end of weekly blogging makes for a really poor appearance on the Gaslamp site, especially since the last blog entry is titled, "Well, That Happened!" It makes it look like Gaslamp is just relieved that the whole thing is over (whether that's true or not I have no idea, but that's the impression given).

upload_2016-12-17_8-52-35.png

It's also disappointing because one of the arguments of fans post-release has been, okay, the game has bugs and is missing content, but the developers are really involved. And the examples given are usually monthly public builds active participation in the forums, and weekly blog posts. Is any of that still true?

Exile likes this.
  3. Jonta

Jonta Member

Seems a bit early to call a "disappointing" it has been about a week of silence !
    Aren't they allowed to work quietly for a while or maybe even spend a bit of time with the family.
    3 months of silence would be "disappointing", a few weeks, not so much.

4. Puzzlemaker

Puzzlemaker Member

I miss it as well, hopefully once they catch up on paperwork and stuff they can get back to it! Or maybe monthly blog posts, at the least.

Exile likes this.
  5. Unforked

Unforked Member

Perhaps today's the day. Doesn't have to be a big one, just a little "Hey, things are happening!" would be okay for me.

Or, "Things are happening but we're not quite ready to discuss them..." would work too.

Exile, Samut and KROB5492 like this.