Only one save game?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by lithicbee, Jul 15, 2011.

1. lithicbee

lithicbee Member

Is the game supposed to only allow you to have one character/save file at a time? Because whenever I start a new character, in order to try out different skills, it erases the previous character. This does not seem right. Otherwise, why have a Load Games choice where you pick the character you want. If there is only character at a time, clicking on Load Game should just take you right into the game without having to choose the one character you are allowed to play. Or is this another bug?

2. RF

RF Member

Doesn't do this to me.

Are you using the same name every time?

3. lithicbee

lithicbee Member

same first name, space, then 2nd, 3rd, Jr., VIII, etc. I see where that could confuse the game, although it should probably be fixed. Damn, being whimsical killed some of my characters...

4. YoWombat

YoWombat Member

This happened to me too, most frustrating! My best character so far just got erased, and didn't even hit the high score table because he never died.

Even if you have a save, click on new game, then cancel and click back without even making a new character- it will delete your save. This seems really daft.

Also, there should be an option to save without quitting. I like to save every so often incase of a crash.

5. afterstar

afterstar Member

Play with permadeath OFF, it doesn't do this to me with permadeath OFF.
    if you character dies,well just go and delete the file as if permadeath was ON, if you want to play as permadeath.

6. Lazer_69

Lazer_69 Member

i raged when the best character ive ever had, who had permadeath on, crashed. disappeared in thin air...

7. YoWombat

YoWombat Member

That just happened to me right now, Lazer... ouch. :(
    I think I'm done with this game until it becomes more stable.

8. MikeW

MikeW Member

I don't see as many bugs as other people. If this helps, I am on a Win7 x64 machine playing at 1366x768. I have had a few crashes, but only when I died, which isn't a huge deal.