1.0 How to make pies is quite impossible

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Naffarin, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Naffarin

Naffarin Bureaucrat-Inspector Exemplar of The Empire

The previously available pie recipes have been reduced to a generic pie recipe which needs
    • basic_raw_food_category
    • grain_sack
    • sugarloaf
    Sugarloaf is only available in tropical climates or traders ( in amounts which are not sufficient for a grown colony)
    grain sack aka wheat is only available in cold and temperate climates.

There is a broken by design mistake hidden in the above sentences which i encourage the interested reader to find.

Exile and PeterH like this.
  2. PeterH

PeterH Member

rotflmao

Exile likes this.
  3. PeterH

PeterH Member

I also noted a while ago that the recipe for making 'superior food' or whatever it was called with the iron stove has disappeared. Sadly. That was actually useful, making a big batch of overseer food with basic food plus some drink.
    Why, oh why?

Exile likes this.
  4. Destro Yersul

Destro Yersul Member

It's unlockable now. There's a small version and a large version of the recipe, both unlocked in different ways.

Exile and PeterH like this.
  5. PeterH

PeterH Member

Do tell?

Exile likes this.
  6. Destro Yersul

Destro Yersul Member

spoilered in case anyone wants to find out themself:

Maxing reputation with... I think the Republique Mechanique gets you a 1food/1booze=8superior version of the recipe. Unlocking it in the research lab from the agriculture section gets you a 5/5=40 bulk version.

Exile likes this.
  7. Darkmere

Darkmere Member

Yep, pies are impossible and overcosted. Maybe flour + 1 other ingredient for a low-yield recipe would be better.

Exile likes this.
  8. Puzzlemaker

Puzzlemaker Member

IMHO wheat should be brought in by traders, along with sugar. Those are two mainstays of food, and would let you make bread/pie and stuff.

Exile likes this.