ability to name savefiles as you save

Discussion in 'Design Suggestions' started by mikail 001, Oct 29, 2016.

1. mikail 001

mikail 001 Member

During beta, i understand its beta so there isnt a naming function to saving, but now the game has left ea, can we have it? I know its possible to do it yourself from outside the game, but hey thats troublesome, cant we have the function within the game itself. thanks

2. dtolman

dtolman Member

This. The interface for selecting the latest save is a bit inscrutable... its also impossible to differentiate between saves from different colonies.

Psygnosis and Exile like this.
  3. Puzzlemaker

Puzzlemaker Member

Yes, this would be nice

Exile likes this.
  4. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Member

I agree this is something that is sorely needed.

Exile likes this.
  5. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

It's been on our list - we just haven't had the chance to do it yet. It will go in.

6. Trygve

Trygve Member

I can't understand why giving a name to your colony hasn't been built in yet. Everywhere else in the game you'll find names, even in cases where the names have no importance to the game, but yet your colony has to remain nameless...

If you were asked to name your colony when you start a new game, then that colony name could be used when you save the game later. Surely that's the most efficient and obvious way to do both those things at the same time.

Exile and Samut like this.
  7. mikail 001

mikail 001 Member

I dun think saving the colony name and savefile name are to be same, they should be allowed to be separate issue imo, and the ability to name the colony sounds nice and should be added.

Exile likes this.