Unplayable since day 1 of EA, please assist.

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by ChickenlordZA, Oct 27, 2016.

1. ChickenlordZA

ChickenlordZA Member

I have not once been able to play the game smoothly since purchasing day 1. I have been waiting thinking that it might have just been the early stage the game was in but I find myself worried after trying again after probably a year.

My specs are:
    Nvidia GTX260 (ancient but yeah)
    Intel i5 quad core 2.66ghz
    Windows 7

Long ago when I first tried to play I had an unplayable frame rate and the commonly reported slow UI response times.

After reinstalling yesterday I now get a black screen with only UI elements displayed, and even then the UI still lags for a few seconds. (Common suggestion being that an onboard card is being defaulted to, but I'm on a desktop so this can't be the case.)

So I figured there's no way around posting at this point.

With that said I guess this will all just give me a fuller experience when/if it's playable :p need a change from rimworld.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Wolg

Wolg Member

Your GTX260 is listed as supporting opengl 2.1. CE is listed on Steam needing a card with opengl core 3.2.

My guess is that your video card just doesn't meet minimum system requirements, sorry. However, I have no problems with the game on a GTX480, so my other guess is you'd probably be able to play with even the cheapest Nvidia card you can buy today... Just don't forget to install the latest drivers. ;)

3. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Yeah, it's most likely the GTX260 that is causing the problems here. We have to run the game as OpenGL 3.2 core because it's what is required to be able to support OS X without flames and chaos. Do you have any ability to upgrade that video card?