unable to purchase on steam?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by sonicblastoise, Jul 15, 2011.

1. first off, congratulations on the release! apparently it's so popular that steam cannot handle the traffic!

this probably means that you're not seeing any of the money either. boo.

anyway, i have a copy, it's great, fun, dynamic, roguelikey, and fun. i have a friend who would like to get it, but now faces the aforementioned cloggage. any news on if/when this will be resolved?

also, if there is no problem, please disregard.

thanks!

2. MikeW

MikeW Member

Any problems that are occurring with his purchase will not be because of these guys. It is down to Steam, and their servers. Possibly many people are purchasing games and the servers are a little flooded. Tell your friend to wait a few hours or wait until tomorrow.

3. Greg72

Greg72 Member

don't have to wait hours, just spam refresh and you'll get through, first come first serve, someone finishes dl'ing of the millions, if your click is quickest you get in.

We had that problem on the terraria summer sale for 2.50$ a few days ago, just kept refreshing after about 5mins it went through, then said busy for the next game after terraria again :p, but spamming refresh generally solves, just be patient

4. cool cool. thanks for the tip :)

5. Artreus

Artreus Member

A better way than spamming reload is that you can get to the store page for some reason if you are not logged in.

So go to the store page in the browser, logged out. Put the game in your cart and then log in from there. It worked just fine for me.

6. RF

RF Member

Steam Store seems pretty fucked at the minute, I think.

7. Noven

Noven Member

There were two days during the summer sale that I couldn't place any orders, I just had to wait it out, only thing that worked. He may just have to give it a few hours, or maybe even a day or something.