Official Expansion Pack Beta Thread/1.0.8 Beta Thread

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Nicholas, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

Just in case you didn't know, none of the thrown or crossbow skills are done yet, hence why they have a someone code this style description.

2. Godwin

Godwin Member

alright, thanks

*Wight: undead (and no description yet), but still killable through poison. Maybe give undead a standard asphyxiation immunity (resistance of 50 or so) and poison immunity (and maybe other stuff I am not thinking of right now).

3. Null

Well 20 is standard immunity number. If you're choking them any more than that you're definitely doing more than just stopping breathing.

4. I just used IBIAM on a crude iron axe that gave me 960 EXP. It caused me to level up and the experience that flowed over didn't transfer. My counter was set to 0/1375 instead of 300~/1375

Another thing. When you have click to move disabled, you'll still move if you click on a door.

5. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

It'll generally move if you click on anything interactable. Should it not?

6. If you have click to move disabled it shouldn't. I don't think so anyway.

More stuff. Vampire and damage in general seem to be broken. Sometimes I won't do any damage at all to certain enemies (ex. I was doing no damage against a killer AI when I had 3 slash, 4 peirce, 3 poison, and 5 purtred)

7. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

I've noticed certain enemies seeming to have more health than they should (e.g. Blobbies) but the example you gave seems normal. Unfriendly AI have 10 points of resistance to Toxic, Putrefying and Piercing damage and 4 Armour.

8. I got the same thing fighting lutefisk warriors and blobbies though too. Unless those also have the same resistances in which case those damage types are kind of shity.

9. Essence

OK, next problem with the modding system. I can put chunks of the skillDB into a mod (for example, I put in just one skill from Unarmed and one skill from Piracy into a test mod to see if I could break the loader again), and it works just fine. But if I do the same to the spellDB, you end up getting goofy stuff like two "Plunder" activations from a single attack, presumably because the spell "Plunder" is appearing twice.

10. Null

You know you can't actually overwrite skills in the db. you just add on top of them, but only the first ability gets added to the bar and only the last skill displays

11. Essence

Hrm. So the only way to modify a single stat in the game is to do a Total Conversion and copy every file into your mod just to change that one stat?

Wow.

12. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Nick said the plan was to allow overwriting eventually, I dunno what the ETA is on that though.

13. Null

Well theoretically you could do this.

Skill you want to overwrite's data, but with all stats negative instead of positive.
    followed by in the skillDB
    Skill you want it to be.

Sure that doesnt' get rid of procs but it's something.

Also when you do allow overwriting please allow some way to denote overloading, to say make multiple spells or add something to polymorphs and regular etc.

14. Just found my first muscle diggle on floor 9 as the boss of a quest, I was like "punch me bro, let's see how much you do!"... he almost 1 shot me :eek:

15. Essence

It seems that modded-in skills are still not giving archetype levels. I just took Alchemy/Emomancy/Blood Magic/Psionics/Ninjitsu/Warlockery/Bushido, and ended up starting the game with 1 Rogue and 3 Wizard levels. I used debug levelup to test, added one level to each of the core skills (and left the other 12 skill points just sitting there), and ended up with 2 Rogue and 6 Wizard levels.

Adding levels to the modded skills didn't add any more archetype levels. So not only are modded skills not adding levels, but one of Alchemy, Emomancy, Blood Magic, or Psionics is adding Rogue levels instead of Wizard.

16. Null

I believe it is emo.

17. Godwin

Godwin Member

Small thing:
    * Turn Demon, even though it does 1 damage, doesn't say so in the scrolling status window.

* Wall's not well:
    [​IMG]
    That's the two levers room btw.

18. Essence

A few more things.

First, it seems like the modloader isn't set to take manTemplateDB.xml into account. I can get a custom template to work if I edit it into the game's natural manTemplateDB.xml, but if I stick a few aside in a manTemplateDB.xml in the mod folder, that spell does nothing but consume MP when cast.

Second, if you craft some items in bulk now, they stack -- I got a stack of 2 brass rings just now. Put if you take that stack of 2 rings and click them on your finger, you get one brass ring on one finger, and the other one disappears permanently.

Third, apparently you can get multiples of the crafting items themselves instead of reagents at game start? I just started a game with 8 Disposable Ingot Presses. Dunno how, but it was funny. :)

19. Godwin

Godwin Member

Minor stuff again:
    *Putting steaks on the BBQ now puts them grilled and all in your belt or invent.

*Fingersnapping animation maybe slightly too fast now (maybe has to do with the items going into invent immediately).

I personally liked it more how it was before. This saves time, but it robs you of the feeling you create them out of thin air (or, that you pull the steaks from the BBQ again).

* Found Argentite lying on the stairs. Not sure that should happen... I think it shouldn't, looks weird :)

* No shop on NTtG floor 1. I don't know if it's intentional to leave that up to the RNG.

20. Essence

Yeah, I got an Alchemy Kit on the stairs, too. You can't pick it up with autoloot, ever. You have to use the mouse.