BETA 51B HOTFIX NOW IN MAIN BRANCH AND EXPERIMENTAL BRANCHES

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, May 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

I find that it's a lot easier to get carbines through Stahlmarkian supply drops than it is to make them myself :p

2. Jacq

Jacq Member

If you let the "Tutorial Complete" option timeout without opening it, you can never complete the tutorial / trigger bandit attacks / possibly trigger spoopy events. When you save n' quit + reload, it looks like the tutorial complete message goes away / ends, but I still haven't received a bandit attack yet on day 10 (will update when/if I do).
    edit: Day 15 and no bandits. I did get the fishy idol event but it hasn't resolved:
    Solomon Ironcog wanted to leave, so I let him, but the fishpeople never actually showed up, and he's still in my colony, working and eating etc.
    edit 2: I made it quite late (61 population, can't remember the day) and never encountered bandits at all. I did start killing fishpeople but I'm not sure they ever attacked me back.
    edit 3: I finally got a bandit attack on Day 41, colony population 96.
    ~

"You learned how to use farms and cooks meals" shows up on the tutorial list twice.

"You learned how to use farms and cooks meals" shows up on the tutorial list twice. ;)

Either there's a bug and colonists won't brew tea, or tea isn't considered a "basic drink", in which case ???? (incidentally, getting clearer recipe for some items than "1x basic/brewable food" would be useful - heck even if you changed the "before" picture to the raw form of the food instead of the 'already in a bottle' form).

Another small note - fancy bookshelves and regular bookshelves (and fancy/regular wall shrines) have their own recipes in the Carpentry workshop, even though they cost the same amount. This is different than other decor items (like pots and carpets) where you just tell the work crew to "make some pots" and you can pick between the different styles in the module menu.

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  3. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

I considered doing that :) but I'm trying to see if I can get a 50-soldier force and thus I think they can probably make do with whatever I get from the bandits.

4. I just got a "bad input" error for making basic food of all things.

5. berkstin

berkstin Member

I DO get the notifications/alerts under minimap when playing on my MacBook Pro. I still do NOT get them on my late 2012 iMac.

6. Jacq

Jacq Member

The "despair" icon doesn't show up in the colonist list.

20160529010632_1.jpg

This screenshot is also another example of a "never finish construction" bug. The last 10 cots in that bunkhouse are in my inventory (both the stockpile list and if I find them in stacks on the ground), but colonists will still preference hauling jobs over constructing those specific cots. The upper bunkhouse was built and (nearly) finished completely with all 40 cots long built while the first house is waiting for the last 10 to be assembled..

7. Manamoo

Manamoo Member

Kind of a quick fix for this...I have run into it...go into your work crew and disable everything except the construct building on all of the overseers...until they get off their bums and finish the cots. Oh and the job queue pause, all but construct building. My issue was the little turds weren't mining...so that there wasn't enough stone to build the foundations...I "forced" them to mine...and construct. It worked. Not the most ideal of situations...but it does get them to do the stuff you want them to do...just remember to enable all the stuff and unpause the work queue after. Hope that helps! It does seem to be taking forever and a day to construct buildings these days...I found this trick speeds it up slightly.

Jacq likes this.
  8. Wolg

Wolg Member

Possible that the job utility values could use another balance pass?

9. Jacq

Jacq Member

This is the same game I posted a save file / crash report for before. After crashing I reloaded the last save (and just decided to never build a naturalist's office).
    (too lazy to crop these sorry)

- One of my chili fields kept lighting on fire?? It was only the one and I can't really tell if it affected the crop (or even physically hurt people), but they would cower/run away from the fire and some of the plants would disappear. Like, I kind of get the joke that chili pepper = spicy = hot = fire, but I honestly have no idea how or why it was happening. And it happened at least 3 times.
    (that obeleskisn has been there since almost the beginning of the game. Is it the problem? Edit: I got that oblesk mixed up with a different one. The fires started a short time after its corpse was there)
    20160529131215_1.jpg

- Domestic Coconut picture (the placard when you unlock them from the Lab, I mean) shows pumpkins

- There's an odd kind of graphical bug (that's hard to screenshot) when you zoom in to check how fast people are progressing at some task. It's hard to explain but the little bar and its border kind of disappear and reappear randomly and you can't always tell how far along someone is in completing their thing. It's most obvious in the foreign office. (Look at Roster and Nellie in these screenshots, but it's still hard to tell when you're not seeing it undulate)
    20160529140101_1.jpg 20160529123615_1.jpg
    (BONUS: In the picture of the lab, you can look on the minimap and see that a couple of my colonists "lost their dot")

- People don't get better at diplomacy. Is this intentional?

- My NOC nearly starved to death/went on strike because he chased Selenians for ages, but none of his other buddies came to help him. In a somewhat related way (??) I've had people almost starve/strike because constructing a building took them too long.

- Foreign traders got caught at the edge of the map "fleeing horror"
    20160529135121_1.jpg

Misc script errors (the planks one caused the overseer who was making them at the time to freeze up, unaffected by frontier justice and unable to move. I tried demolishing the carpentry workshop to unfreeze her, but that caused a crash):
    20160529122610_1.jpg 20160529143704_1.jpg
    (featuring, yet again, unbuilt cots lol)

I'll try this, but it really does feel like a bug. For jobs in one particular building to hang around basically the entire game (I'm not kidding. I set those modules probably on day 3 or 4 and they still weren't built by day 60).

As a small suggestion, I'd love a little button somewhere or Tooltip somewhere (maybe when you hover over your population?) that tells me how many beds of each class I have.

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  10. Manamoo

Manamoo Member

I'll try this, but it really does feel like a bug. For jobs in one particular building to hang around basically the entire game (I'm not kidding. I set those modules probably on day 3 or 4 and they still weren't built by day 60).

As a small suggestion, I'd love a little button somewhere or Tooltip somewhere (maybe when you hover over your population?) that tells me how many beds of each class I have.[/QUOTE]

I'm not a game dev...but it worked for me...now granted my colony is still a small one...but it did help. I hope it helps you. I understand them just sitting there doing nothing...frustrating...you want to pick the little colonists up and feed them to the fish people...I almost clicked the colonial justice, just to get some of the frustration out. LOL I haven't...yet. I do agree it does feel quite buggy.

Jacq likes this.
  11. Yet another bad input error, this time for bricabrac in carpentry. Here's a save where someone's stuck on the job and starving.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 31, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.