losing weapon enchantments?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by k0rd, Nov 17, 2011.

1. k0rd

k0rd Member

Is there anything besides the anvil of krong that can make my weapon lose enchantments?
    I lost the thaumite effect of my triple bladed sword, as well as received a bunch of seemingly random -1 resistance enchantments. I didn't notice it happen, so I'm not sure what could have caused this.

edit: v 1.0.6

2. Vykk Draygo

Vykk Draygo Member

Corruption mobs or traps. Corruption blobbies, magicky golems, magic dragons, and Lord Dredmor. They have a chance to corrupt any artifact melee weapons you use against them.

k0rd likes this.
  3. kuhchung

kuhchung Member

It isn't an issue with the triple bladed sword, but I think the 'crafted item stacking' bug is still there, which means if you have, say, two clockwork axes and enchant them, and then sort them in your inventory, one of the axe's bonuses will get clobbered.

4. k0rd

k0rd Member

Thanks :) all the magicky golems i've been fighting lately must have done it. I was worried that something happened to my save file or something. I never notice half of the messages in the buffer - color coding or filtering would be nice up there.

5. Vykk Draygo

Vykk Draygo Member

Agreed, the message system leaves a bit to be desired at the moment. Far too easy to miss such messages!

6. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Fortunately, that seems to be improving in 1.07. At the very minimum, they've added damage-type symbols to the ticker, which is really helpful. :)

7. Marak

Marak Member

Nice to see the Ticker get some love. As it is currently, it's this | | far from being worthless.

8. k0rd

k0rd Member

Agreed, i couldn't figure out if it could scroll backward or not... I assume you cannot view past messages?

9. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

True at the moment.

10. Marak

Marak Member

I'm hoping they add the ability to scroll back in this latest patch. If not then, the Expansion will almost surely include a fleshed-out combat log. But currently, no, you cannot see anything that's scrolled off the top of the ticker, nor can you make it scroll more quickly (or slowly). In fact, it has no options attached to it whatsoever, which is a shame. It's mostly there for the amusing, random comments that pop up in it when you're not actually fighting anything (and checking out the latest bizarre room name). "You hear the sounds of a cash register."

11. Derakon

Derakon Member

Which, incidentally, is a reference to NetHack, where you'd get that message to indicate the presence of a shop.

k0rd likes this.
  12. k0rd

k0rd Member

nethack and slashem are awesome.

13. Marak

Marak Member

I should have figured it wasn't just a random phrase they threw into the combat log... although some of them are. Can't remember the exact wording but do sometimes get stuff like "You suddenly feel nervous for no discernible reason" or "You have a sudden craving for cheese" popping up in there.

14. blob

blob Member

Those are not direct reference to Nethack though they have its flavor. In Nethack you could get " You feel a wrenchin sensation" or " You feel sad for a moment, then it passes" ( I hate the latter one ! )

15. Godwin

Godwin Member

Yeah really liked the cash register thing when i first saw it. It's things like that that make me laugh and fall in love with the game again and again :)

16. k0rd

k0rd Member

"you hear the sounds of a cash register" are one of the many indicators on nethack that there is a shop on that dlvl
    when you are hallucinating it will say "you hear neiman and marcus arguing". lol

17. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

Thought you were talking about dredmor for a second there so I corrected that it means nothing, which I had now removed. I originally thought it meant there was a shop nearby in dredmor.