The Shopkeeper Has Disappeared

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Toasty the Baker, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Title basically sais it all. The shopkeeper guy with the checkereed suit has disappeared. Now I can't buy anything. Great.

2. lithicbee

lithicbee Member

Can you just pick stuff up and walk away with it?

3. No, the big, buff, red guys will attack, but the checkered suit man won't show. I could just fight off the red guys and loot the joint, but I would feel like I'm cheating.

4. This is an odd glitch. Patch please!!!

5. Fantasticpow

Fantasticpow Member

did you happen to kill him with some kind of poison or explosion?

6. HumbleSloth

HumbleSloth Member

I noticed the same thing. The guy was gone, I stole an ax, I stepped outside and a message popped up saying "You have stolen from the shop you're in big trouble", I clicked okay and the game crashed. My save file is gone. I am kind of pissed. Heads up everyone else, don't steal.

7. HumbleSloth

HumbleSloth Member

Is there a way to recover the saved file btw?

8. Ok, im done with this game for now. 15 hours in and I have had to make a new character over ten times. I am just going to wait for patches to be released that fix all these bugs and then I will make a new guy.

9. Raneman

Raneman Member

10 characters in 15 hours? Welcome to the wonderful world of roguelikes! In fact, you're probably doing better then most people are at this game right now.

10. afterstar

afterstar Member

Temporary solution is to manually backup your save files once in a while,I recommend every 30minutes.

http://www.gaslampgames.com/forum/discussion/127/a-temporary-solution-to-avoid-losing-your-game-in-case-of-crash#Item_1

11. Rikkard

Rikkard Member

Yeah... you don't just play one character forever in these games, Toasty. You are supposed to die a lot. Winning is more luck or perseverance than anything.

12. What I mean Raneman is that I turn off PermaDeath and I have had to delete my save file and make a new character due to a pesky bug/glitch.

13. Misery

Misery Member

Ooh, I've got to stop making posts on forums when I'm only half awake and not reading things right.

Removed this one, just ignore for now....