[1.06] Monster Zoo & Recipe Bug

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by misfitscribbles, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Two bugs, that are very annoying. The first is a no brainer.

When you encounter a monster zoo, if you close any door, the counter stops working. You will not get credit for the zoo, you will not get your reward.

So if you want credit for the monster zoo, from floor 2 onwards becomes a gamble with your game (especially if you play with perma death) because you can run into a zoo as one of the first rooms you encounter after starting a new floor, meaning you could very well be ill equipped.

Suggested Fix: Resolve the bug with the monster zoo counter. (Seriously we can close doors on quest monsters after we first run into them if need be, why not monster zoos?)

The Crafting System in this game in my opinion is less than ideal.

Here is the scenario I frequently run into (substitute other crafting recipes as necessary) I want to craft a Rough Steel Axe. I need to go through the list and select Rough Steel Axe, because the game defaults to Rough Steel Sword.

The bug I found: You've picked Rough Steel Axe from the Smithing recipe list. But realize you only have one ingot crafted. To save yourself some time and wrist strain, you pop open your ingot press, select the recipe for steel ingots, hit autofill, then smelt.

When you select a second recipe in a separate crafting tool, the first one is dropped.

Suggested Fixes:
    1. Allow the game to store multiple recipes
    2. Have the game prompt you to select which item you want to craft when there are multiple which use the same recipe
    3. This is specific to smithing alone I believe, but have the crafting default to whichever weapon skill tree you have selected. (If you have axes, it defaults to axes, swords to swords etc.. )
    Otherwise a frustratingly addictive game that continues to challenge my brain and consume my time.

2. Derakon

Derakon Member

I'm not saying your zoo experience is invalid, but I've closed doors on zoos all the time. In fact, I haven't seen a bugged counter at all recently; the only thing that loses it is leaving the level, and that's fully intentional. So is this bug somehow platform-depedent? I'm running on OSX here.

As for recipes, there needs to be some way to clear the recipe in a given crafting container, and right now opening a new recipe in a different container (or opening a recipe in that container for a different type of container, e.g. trying to smelt ingots with an anvil) is the only way to do it. Well, they seem to go away on their own after awhile, but that's the only way I know of to actively clear a recipe.

3. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Like Derakon I've never had that bug, and often closed doors, not sure what's going on. Regarding crafting, devs said they would revamp the system and take inspiration from Terraria's.

4. Marak

Marak Member

Yeah, I've had the counter die after moving too far away, but never from simply slamming the door in their faces (which you can always do if you remember to open every door from the top/bottom or left/right and never the center).

5. DaveSt

DaveSt Member

I believe I saw this bug yesterday. On level 7 I opened the door to a monster zoo with 199 (!!!) monsters. I ran down the hallway to a doorway to fight and managed to melee all 199 of those bastards to death, but I did mis-click several times and opened and closed the door. I noticed that at some point the monsters remaining counter got stuck at 97 and I never got credit for clearing the zoo.

6. Derakon

Derakon Member

Pretty sure that you got 2 zoos on the same level, one with 102 and the other with 97 monsters. Check your map -- are there two blue zones? Both zoos get revealed if either is found.

7. DaveSt

DaveSt Member

Yep ... I just checked and it was indeed two separate zoos. Perhaps that is why the counter got out of whack?

8. Derakon

Derakon Member

The two zoos are treated as being the same zoo, as far as the game is concerned, so you'll have to clear out both to get a reward.

9. DaveSt

DaveSt Member

I did clear both, that's why I assumed the door bug was what got me. When I opened up the second room, the counter stayed at 97 and never moved. I never left the level (or the game, not sure why saving and exiting kills the counter but it does). Not a huge deal, but something seems to have misfired along the way!

10. blob

blob Member

I still get the monster zoo bug a lot in the last version.
    But I never saw any link with closing/ open doors. Actually I used to think it happened if I got into a merchant OR changed stairs OR quit and then reload ( basically, it seemed for me that it was caused by any actions that also causes the zoo brawl music to stop ?? ).

Meh.

k0rd likes this.
  11. kuhchung

kuhchung Member

Bugs that are not consistently reproducible are fun!

brobbeh likes this.
  12. Silvah

Silvah Member

I had a monster zoo counter lock up, but I am fairly certain on what caused it. The counter broke for me after I had entered Brax's shop.