Uberchest tooltip is wrong

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Despayre, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Despayre

Despayre Member

Had an issue last night after trying 1.0.6 for the first time where an uberchest spawned on the first floor, I had not hit any switches yet but the tooltip said the chest was unlocked. It was indeed locked though as I coudn't open it and got the locked error message.

2. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

I'm a little confused. Uberchests don't have any tool tip on them. You just see Uberchest when you highlight them.
    Unless I missed something.
    All I know, is the only way to tell that they're unlocked is when they look unlocked.
    That's the only possible way to tell that they're unlocked or locked.
    IT should be easily noticable. Since they actually look a bit opened. :)

3. Miner0

Miner0 Member

Have had the same many times: shows "open" in the tooltip (what you see holding the cursor over it), but is actually locked.

4. Marak

Marak Member

Actually, this isn't a bug. When you mouse over the UberChestâ„¢, the "open" text in the tooltip refers to the fact that you can now click to attempt to open the UberChestâ„¢. Go hover over a normal Chest; you get the same tooltip (Chest - Open). Again, it's not telling you that the standard Chest is unlocked, it's telling you that you can click to try and open it.

This could be solved by changing the "open" text in these tooltips to "open chest" or somesuch. It's not a bug so much as it is an unfortunate choice of wording on tooltips.