A Quick Word on Revision 39

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, May 19, 2015.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

So Revision 39 is pretty darn stable, and you can build some large colonies. One consequence of this is that you can now build a colony that is sufficiently large that you'll actually run out of memory while doing so, and then crash the game if you try to save it (as saving the game also allocates more memory, to temporary structures for pointer fixing and the like.)

I'll be working on getting our footprint compressed back down under control next week, and it's not a big thing. It's just something to keep an eye on if you have games that make it past about Day 20 or so.

Alianin, KillerKidClever and berkstin like this.
  2. berkstin

berkstin Member

When should we look for 39?

3. Nicholas

THE REVISION SHALL COME UPON US AND YE SHALL KNOW IT BY THE SIGNS:

1. The SIGN OF THE BLOG. For a terrible text shall be unearthed, and in that text you shall read that Revision 39 has been released, and all shall wail and despair for their lost productivity and saves.
    2. The SIGN OF THE STEAM FORUM POST. For a post shall be placed upon the Steam, and it shall curse the House of Gabe, yea, with an Update. And the Steam shall message the Believers and inform unto them that Clockwork Empires has finished updating, and there shall be a great wailing and gnashing of teeth.
    3. The SIGN OF THE GASLAMP FORUM POST. For yes, there shall be a forum post upon the Announcements Section with a Changelog, and the Changelog shall be made of pewter and contain the single, blinking eye of a forsaken child wedged in some kind of pyramid.

So tomorrow basically.

mailersmate, Alianin, Marak and 4 others like this.
  4. Unforked

Unforked Member

Would it help to keep our population low?

5. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

Don't forget the bit from earlier in the chapter, also:

1 If a man shall steal an ox, or a sheep, and kill it, or sell it; he shall restore five oxen for an ox, and four sheep for a sheep.

2 Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

3 Save ye notte a game which exceedeth fifty colonists

4 And my wrath shall wax hot, and I will kill you with the sword; and your wives shall be widows, and your children fatherless.

5 If a man shall cause a field or vineyard to be eaten, and shall put in his beast, and shall feed in another man's field; of the best of his own field, and of the best of his own vineyard, shall he make restitution.

et cetera

Alianin and berkstin like this.
  6. Nicholas

I don't totally know yet. My guess is that it is actually an issue with our new stacked object system - now if you have somebody producing four planks, we track five objects - the planks and the container.

7. Wolg

Wolg Member

For yon True Believers, hast thou omitted the Sign of the Changelog Email, completing the Four Harbingers of the Update?

8. Samut

Samut Member

The cover for Rev 39 is up on Gaslamp's front page, and it is glorious.

eclipsse, Alianin and Viion like this.
  9. Alianin

Alianin Member

I agree. I love the artwork for each revision, but this one made me giggle, especially the fishperson hug.

dbaumgart likes this.
  10. Omebius

Omebius Member

Well I am up to 75 pop on day 40 and the lag is unplayable. Will culling 25 of my population reduce the lag. Also I have my first shrine hurrah!

11. Well, the worst case scenario is you have 25 less people on an unplayable save. Go forth and do this for science, noble bureaucrat!

12. Nicholas

BTW, I'm collecting saves with lag problems this month. If you have a slow game, drop me a line.

13. Omebius

Omebius Member

i will make a copy of save before and after cull and try and work out how to find them and upload them