Your Majesty's Finest Fan Art

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Alistaire, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Euel Ball

Euel Ball Member

Delightful! I might have to put up my version of Fish-Men...

2. Samut

Samut Member

Please do - it would be very helpful to compare notes.

3. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

This is the Fishman of my imagination, dull, brutish, easily angered by things it doesn't understand (which is most things). The bandy-legged run and bandy-armed grasp say it all for me.

fishman_small.jpg

And just because it was fun to make:

fishman.gif

4. Samut

Samut Member

I love it! It has kind of a playful, almost Muppet-like quality, although I gather if there were any colonists in this drawing the Fishman wouldn't seem playful at all.

Did you draw that on a tablet?

5. Alephred

Thank you, I'm glad you like it. I do indeed draw on a stylus (they used to call them tablets, before things like Nexus and iPad made it confusing), mine is a Wacom Intuos CTH-680.

tablet.jpg

Funny you should mention the Muppets, because very early on in the drawing, I realized "Oh shit, I've been drawing Kemit the Frog":

ps_kermit.jpg

(That's Photoshop CS6 by the way.)

Samut likes this.
  6. Samut

Samut Member

Very cool.

Here's another update for my Fishpeople, with some poses I've been fooling around with for a week or so. There's a lot do WRT the background, lighting, shaders etc. but I like the poses and expressions enough to put this up now.

Flummoxed_Fishpeople_4.png

Euel Ball likes this.
  7. Euel Ball

Euel Ball Member

Interesting! Guess I'll have to put up a render of my version...

8. Euel Ball

Euel Ball Member

Well, it took me long enough for this... Fishpeople.jpg

Turbo164 and Samut like this.
  9. Samut

Samut Member

Neat! What models etc. did you use for your Fishpeople?

Euel Ball likes this.
  10. Alephred

Somehow, your cheerful fishpeople are the most terrifying of all.

Turbo164 and Euel Ball like this.
  11. Euel Ball

Euel Ball Member

DAZ Victoria 3, I just played with the head and body shapes a bit...

12. Euel Ball

Euel Ball Member

Thanks! I went to the source (HPL) as the Deep Ones are described as being a mixture of fish, frog, and human. There might even be "friendly" fish-men in the game...

...for certain values of "friendly".

13. potashcar

potashcar Member

Up in this neck of the wood's we say; "Dont Panic Eat Bannock."
    Ciao
    About all that's left is Poet.

14. Samut

Samut Member

Just wanted to mention that DAZ is currently giving away the Steam Bike on its freebie page.

Euel Ball likes this.
  15. Alephred

I found a website (https://dreamscopeapp.com/) that approximates some of that neato Google Deep Dream Recursive Neural Network hoohah that some of you may have heard about, a couple of weeks ago (Google released some sample snippets of code for public tomfoolery). The Gaslamp Devs also tweeted a horrifying fishman image that had been run through the algorithm: (https://twitter.com/GaslampGames/status/623214371703906304/photo/1) over the Twitter feed.

Anyway, that preamble is just to say

LOOK ON MY WORKS, YE MIGHTY, AND DESPAIR:

ce_animated.gif

I particularly like that my Carpentry workshop has turned into a pretty passable King Charles' Spaniel.

Euel Ball likes this.
  16. razrien

razrien Member

I like how the aurochs corpse and the colonist on the left appear to turn into a small boar

17. Samut

Samut Member

WHAT THE WHAT.

Oh man, this thing is like an endless creepy pasta/nightmare fuel generator.

upload_2015-7-21_21-51-13.png

SO MANY EYES.

18. Samut

Samut Member

Once again, DAZ is currently giving away the Steam Bike on its freebie page.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
    Euel Ball likes this.
  19. Samut

Samut Member

For anybody who's a Platinum Club + member over at DAZ, they're giving away this cool looking prop for free. Could be very handy for cultists renders and with a little squinting could make a passable Obeliskian as well.

Here's a promo shot from the site (not mine):

00-daz3d_eldritch-abomination-and-altar_.jpg

Euel Ball likes this.
  20. Samut

Samut Member

Hey, it's been a while since anyone posted some new art! I have some pieces that weren't really finished but any future efforts will be done from scratch, so they might as well get posted.

First up, another shot of some bandits. I was doing bandit renders for a while because I had better options for their clothes than colonists and soldiers. Here's a group of them sitting by the fire, waiting for the sun to come up before they raid the local colony.

Waiting for Dawn 4.png

At some point I'd like to redo this entire scene in Iray or Reality. There are much better options for firelight, metal shaders etc. I've gotten better at posing too. The expression on the main bandit turned out pretty well, though.

Next is a render done in Iray for one of DAZ's monthly newbie contests. It turned out pretty nicely, although I would want to go back and edit the appropriate maps so the velocipede and fishperson are leaving tracks in the sand.

Racing, Chasing, or Fleeing 5.png

Also, motion blur hasn't been implemented yet in DAZ for the Iray engine, so perhaps using a Depth of Field effect would make the vehicle blurry enough.