Zoos...everywhere!

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by BadBeat, Oct 8, 2011.

1. BadBeat

BadBeat Member

A short story:

Just hit dlvl 9 with my latest character. Came across the zoo and cleared it out no troubles. But wait, there's no item...56 monsters remaining? I think I'd notice 56 monsters hiding in a corner. Wait a minute, I left a zoo alive on level 7, must be a bug, I'd best repor...waaaait a minute...is...is that a second zoo on the minimap?

So, out of curiosity, what's the max number of zoos you've seen on a level? :)

Edit: Well, after clearing out the 2nd zoo, it's still saying 56 monsters remaining, with no thrid zoo in sight, so maybe it is a bug...hmm

Edit: And I got nothing when I went back to clear zoo 7 >_> Guess the moral of the story is to never leave a zoo behind.

2. wirdal

wirdal Member

Yupyupyupyupyuppppp...... Happens, 2 zoo's on 1 level, i find it more....... Challenging

*EDIT* Ignore the everything else...

Attached Files:

3. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

What's really annoying is that's a bug. Only one zoo is supposed to spawn on a level.
    So, yeah, it should have been fixed by now. That bug is going to take forever to fix.
    I mean, it's even in the patch changes for 1.0.4 and 1.0.5, that they fixed the multiple zoo spawns.

4. Marak

Marak Member

Well, they thought they fixed the multiple zoo spawns in 1.0.5. At least they tried, right? =p
    Honestly, it's not really a big deal unless your build/equipment/luck has been terrible or the Zoos are connected into one Uber Zoo of Uberness.

5. icantsave

icantsave Member

I'd prefer if they never fixed a bug like that, and increased the odds of it happening, personally. I love the challenge of the zoos and trying to survive them with whatever build I have. To me, it's one of the most fun parts of the game. That 'oh crap' moment when you open a door and wonder how you're going to survive it. The game needs more types of moments like that, versus most doors only having one or two enemies in them.

6. kuhchung

kuhchung Member

I have an "oh crap" moment whenever a named monster shows up

7. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

No! This game needs to fix bugs, not leave them in just because you personally want a challenge. Honestly, that's really bad game design.
    This game has three difficulties.
    If you're having an easy time on Going Rogue, go play the Roguelike Omega, it's been out for 20 years probably, and only 1 or 2 people beat it. :)

If you just want additional challenges in this game, wait until mod support works even more, and change the game to make it Uber-Hard. :)

8. pooface

pooface Member

i'm so happy they removed the ability to move one step in any direction when "disable click-to-move" is on. you have no many idea how many times i'd accidently walk into a fire cause i thought the mob was there and kill myself : /