Windows XP Five-Finger Discount (with full inventory)

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by kuncendorfs, Oct 6, 2014.

1. kuncendorfs

kuncendorfs Member

I've entered unexplored shop and got message about receiving item with my inventory being full.
    Usually when inv. is full item would drop on ground.
    But in this situation it didn't and it wasn't in shop anymore.
    So said item disappeared.

2. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

That's how it always has worked. You might be confusing this with what happens when you receive a reward for a quest and your inventory is full. I think that there probably are other situations that can cause you to drop items, but 5-finger discount is not one of them.

What I always do if I have that skill and my inventory is full, is to drop something outside the store before I enter, or I unload stuff in my personal dimension.

3. kuncendorfs

kuncendorfs Member

I see. Thank you for quick reply.
    Nevertheless I would say that this is unusual behavior.
    If this is intended by developers imho it would be better to have this handled by different message in such situation.
    Saying that you had nowhere to hide this item and tossed it away or of such sort.
    Otherwise you are lead to believe that you receive it when actually you don't and in fact it's nowhere to be found.

Vitellozzo and Haldurson like this.
  4. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Agreed. I couldn't comment on whether what you described was intentional or a bug. But certainly, if it's broken, it ought to be fixed, and if not, it would be nice to inform the player. I think that most people would agree that the game log should contain more information, period.