Your Majesty's Finest Fan Art

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Alistaire, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

Art! Fans! Fan art!

Yup, it's time for a Clockwork Empires fan art thread.

[​IMG]
    A very angry rock deposit. Don't hover over it. - Fishpeople And Caviar by Alistaire

2. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

Hey, nice! :D

Alistaire likes this.
  3. Euel Ball

Euel Ball Member

Just wondering, is it too late to get into this "fan art" thing?

Attached Files:

4. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

Oo, fan art! Alistaire and Euel Ball, how did you two create your respective art pieces?

Euel Ball likes this.
  5. Euel Ball

Euel Ball Member

I used a program called "Poser", a 3d figure modeling program. I then modified the generated image with some filters in Adobe Photoshop. Want to know more? Just ask!

6. Euel Ball

Euel Ball Member

Here's yet another item of fan art for this game that I'm inflicting on you innocent people. Here's the front cover of a magazine that I'm using as a prop in a future piece of art. Enjoy! FrontCover1.jpg

7. Samut

Samut Member

"Please describe every last step" would be an awful question, so instead let me ask what cheap or free software you could recommend to someone with no art skills but who would like to try their hand at creating artwork.

8. Euel Ball

Euel Ball Member

Please, don't tempt me. I would describe "every last step", but the Mods would go all "FishMen" on us.

Whatever art skills you think don't have, I have less. I have -anti- talent, I have difficulty drawing a straight line with a T-square and a straight edge.

Right now, the latest version of Poser costs $450 (A.K.A. "Too damn much.") but there's a program called "DAZ Studio" available here: http://www.daz3d.com/products/daz-studio/daz-studio-what-is-daz-studio that's -free-. (Don't know for how long, so get it soonest.) You will also need an image manipulation program. I'm assuming that you've got Photoshop, but I shouldn't. There's some sites with free stuff, the two I mostly use are http://www.renderosity.com and http://www.sharecg.com/index.php.

9. Turbo164

Turbo164 Member

Looks great! The second "Important Article" mentions "Citzens," however. Check your typesetters for possible cult activity ;)

Euel Ball likes this.
  10. Euel Ball

Euel Ball Member

Not quite. Empires have subjects, republics have citizens. :D

11. Wolg

Wolg Member

(A list of free photoshop-likes should include GIMP...)

12. Alephred

Just make sure Safe Search is on when you're Googling up GIMP at work.

13. The_Fool76

The_Fool76 Member

Or you could search for it by it's full name. GNU Image Manipulation Program
    Or just go to gimp.org

A more lightweight but still powerful option for 2D raster graphics (what Photoshop does) is Paint.net but that's a windows-only thing.

The main 3D modeling program I know of that's free is Blender (blender.org).

14. Euel Ball

Euel Ball Member

Just After Landing-1.jpg Yet more fan art. Can anyone guess this person rank or position.

potashcar likes this.
  15. frontliner2

frontliner2 Member

Aristocrat?

16. Euel Ball

Euel Ball Member

Close, but think -slightly- less useless...

17. Euel Ball

Euel Ball Member

Closer yet! I'll give out a clue. His name is "Tobias Simon Brassgear".

potashcar likes this.
  18. Euel Ball

Euel Ball Member

Inspired by the thread "Starving to Death", here's something I cranked out on an internet image generator. I know the "Keep calm" idea has gotten a bit stale, but I thought I'd trot it out... BTW, I'm looking forward to more fan art once the game goes out. keep-calm-and-don-t-starve-28.png

El Bearsidente and potashcar like this.
  19. Alephred

I like the poster, but I think since 'Don't Starve' is already a well-recognized game of its own, it's probably best to avoid that potential confusion. Maybe something like 'Keep Calm and Cult On', or 'Keep Calm and Eat Human Flesh' would be a more pointed reference to Clockwork Empires.