Which Way to the Wiki?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Stoz, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Stoz

Stoz Member

2. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

I generally use the first one ( http://www.dredmorwiki.com ).

The wikia one does seem to have a few useful bits of info though (e.g. which stats get increased when you pick wizard, warrior or rogue skills).

3. Marak

Marak Member

I've been using the middle one, since it was far more complete and detailed: I tried the top one a few times and got frustrated that there's a lot of stubs and missing pages/info on it. Didn't realize that there was a 3rd one; haven't seen it before.

4. Bluerps

Bluerps Member

The third one seems to have no content at all. I think the other two are both nice.

5. Stoz

Stoz Member

Yeah I think the 3rd one never got off the ground, it still mentions the game "coming this summer" and is spelt Dreadmore.

6. Vykk Draygo

Vykk Draygo Member

Really? I felt that way about the Wikia one. I always use the first. Maybe the difference is in the builds that we are referencing.

I also find the Wikia difficult to read, but that'd probably be due to my color-blindness.

7. Marak

Marak Member

Could be, but I noticed that the top one would continuously fail me anytime I tried to look up anything that wasn't a Super Obvious choice. Perhaps it's gotten better in time, the last time I used it was like, 1.0.2.

And yeah, I can read the wikia one just fine, but I'm one of those fortunate males that have no type of colorblindness at all - I know, because I worked in a Paint Store ;) I can see how the brown-on-brown of the Wikia could pose some big problems.

8. Derakon

Derakon Member

Taking a look at, say, the Necronomiconomics pages for the first two wikis:

dredmorwiki
    wikia

The first one is much more useful, because it actually shows the stats for the spells you can cast. This isn't a cherrypicked example; the wikia wiki has all of the flavor text but none of the stats. If you want to know what something will actually do then you need the dredmorwiki site.

9. Marak

Marak Member

It's nice to know the Wiki has improved. I'll have to give it another go. A month or two ago it was not up to that standard of information.

10. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Neither of them are official, the reason there was 2 is well... there's no reason. They just happened to start at the same time and growed at about the same rate, I'm not sure how or why. Personally I prefer the first one.

The third domain was bought by grue (the producer) back in the day as an alt domain, but don't think anything happened to it.