Fixed File Uploads and Attachments aren't working

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Alephred, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

I haven't been able to attach files or screenshots to my last couple of Clockwork Empires bug reports. The problem appears to be very recent, just the last day or so.

2. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Hmmm. You seem to be right. I can insert only links I have on external sites like Dropbox.com or something similar.

I thought the attachment option for XenForo was a persistent feature, not something you had to buy again every year? Am I wrong? Or did something go wrong that warrants us blaming Fax for it?

3. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

I'll ask Derek to have a look!

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. deek

deek Controller of Bits Staff Member

The issue should be resolved. Please let us know if there are any more upload issues.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Not so fixed guys. Would a screenshot of the toolbar we have help? I can upload it to tinypic.com and then insert it here since the upload button we used to have is absent.
    [​IMG]
    I will close the browser, clear all cache and such and check again as soon as I mash the "Reply to Thread" button. I will edit this if it changed and my poor timing hid it from me.

*Edit* No change. I keep looking at the floppy disk looking icon, but that says Drafts.
    *Edit* And now the floppy disk looking icon is gone. Never mind. That was only for drafts, and an edit is not a draft. Duh... I am still waiting to hear the theme song from The Twilight Zone.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  6. Alephred

Uh, the 'Upload file' button that usually appears at the bottom of the post editor is missing, for both edits of old posts, and new posts.

Clicking on that button used to bring up the interface that would let someone browse for a local file to upload (and as of a couple days ago, bring up an upload progress bar, and then return an error message). Now the button is entirely absent, and there's no way to even attempt an upload.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I think what happened is Derek hasn't turned it back on for registered users and we didn't realize it. I'll talk to him.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. deek

deek Controller of Bits Staff Member

The person who previously made this statement has been sacked. Permissions cache has been updated.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. Alephred

Let's see if I can upload a local file ..

lingonberry.jpg

Huzzah!

dbaumgart and OmniaNigrum like this.
  10. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

You know, all this time I was looking in the wrong spot. Lol. Just shy of 4K posts here, and I do not even remember where the buttons were...

Thanks everyone.