The Compleat Essential Skills

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Essence, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Well, maybe we can add to Nicholas' burden and ask him to change that while we're at it. :p

Kazeto, Talow and OmniaNigrum like this.
  2. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Please add timer="1" to the Dim Mak buff. Although it'll be slightly misleading, it'll prevent the buff from not getting removed and staying on the player forever, as it does now when Dim Mak affects corpses.

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  3. Leot

Leot Member

Hrm... Silver Tongue charm proc makes the noise, but not a single monster has turned against his brethren yet.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Efficient casting from the Archmage line seems to lack the actual efficiency boost. Playing on mac. This is the only mod I'm running.

5. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

If I recall correctly, both of these problems existed in earlier versions. Did you grab the mod here or elsewhere? (Usually it will be newer here than on other places like the Steam Workshop.) The most current version is 1.3b. It is available on the very first page of the thread. So check that this is the version you have if you are not certain.

If that is not the problem, then yet another few bugs have cropped up. I believe Essence has moved on to other projects for the most part. But he may stop by every once in a while to see how it is going. ("Other Projects" = He has a family to take care of.)

Talow, Kazeto and Stephen Carlin like this.
  6. Yup got it from the attached file in the OP and double checked version number as 1.3b. It is a very good and fun mod to play with so far and wanted to make sure the bug reports were at least filed. Thank you for your time.

7. Essence

Hmm...I just switched computers, and I haven't transfered my files over, so I can't really look at it right now, but I see the reports and I'm promising in public I'll fix them sometime before Easter. :)

8. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

I wonder, why heradric shields isn't just part of this mod, since those are end game items and doesn't affect balance.
    (now for real!)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. Essence

hmm...not a bad idea.

Vitellozzo and OmniaNigrum like this.
  10. Essence

OK! timer=1 added to Dim Mak, and manipulations to Silver Tongue performed, and Heraldic Shields added. I'm working on the Efficient Magic thing, but that's not as obvious a thing. I'll keep at it. In the meantime, here's the update. :)

Please note that this is completely untested and if I broke anything, I'm sorry and I'll fix it as soon as you tell me what it is. :p

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
    Vitellozzo, Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  11. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

You're so efficient <3
    I'll test it asap.

Essence and OmniaNigrum like this.
  12. JuanRamirez69

JuanRamirez69 Member

Hello, I came across (what I think) is a bug when using the degree in dungeoneering mod. For some reason, whenever I put my skill points into the dungeoneering tree, the new skills wouldn't show up in the skill bar. I tried to manually add them to my skillbar, but they didn't show up in the menu where you select said skills to add into the skillbar. I could get the other skill tree skills to show up fine. I started up another run to the same prediciment. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
    OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. Essence

OK; I won't have time to look at it until this weekend, but I'll see if I can figure it out. Are you using the test build above, or the standard Steam Workshop version?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. JuanRamirez69

JuanRamirez69 Member

I'm using the Steam Workshop version. Also, I noticed that when you successfully complete the arcane consecration process, it gives you 20 Savvy and not Sagacity. (I think something like this was mentioned previously in the thread)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  15. Having an issue with a character of mine who might've possibly been spamming prestidigitation (which is also amazing for pleasing the Elder Things as it will cause their damage on the square you click on) for Arcane Glory getting a permanent -2 penalty to his sight for some reason. This is a save with all items unequipped and all items he had equipped in inventory. Is there some way to fix this without going into debug mode to create a duplicate character level wise and thereby losing all my permanent stacks of buffs and having to perform experiments on the save files to figure out what to switch around where? Otherwise been enjoying this pack quite a bit and the main reason I'm going to these lengths is that this is my favorite character so far.

OmniaNigrum and Vitellozzo like this.
  16. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Just. How?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. Sorry tired, meant new character of the same level.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

I think this may be by design, using Eldritch Arch Magic can permanently lower your stats by debuffing you with debuffs that don't expire.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. It's not actually showing on lists of debuffs or anything and can't be removed by potions of purity. It's just that for some reason my default sight rating with no equipment is -2 instead of 0. The only thing Eldritch Archmagic reduces is stubborness and it actually lets you see the debuff. If I had to guess I'd say this is the result of some condition failing to expire properly when I was doing an attempt at getting more Arcane Glory by spamming cantrip.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  20. What's your OS and Dredmor version?

OmniaNigrum likes this.