Floor 1 stores - Possible bug?

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Psiweapon, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Psiweapon

Psiweapon Member

Either that, or closer to the surface Brax gets some really good stuff that fell off of trucks.

Serpentine platemails? Orbs of nothing? (two at that!) Sir Albrecht's Helms ??

It seems to me that first floor stores have a tendency to offer some top-tier gear

Is it a bug, it's just that Xom is Braxes provider, or it's intended for player's to backtrack to the first floor? Or is it confirmation bias?

2. Zen

Zen Member

I'm going to guess RNG loves you with a dash of confirmation bias. My first floor shops are full of rusty swords and rusty helms, except for the one random Elder Rune of Incandescence.

3. Psiweapon

Psiweapon Member

The one random WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT ?! O________o

4. Zen

Zen Member

Yeah, I had to look at the wiki to see what it was, but I remembered this pretty pink trap on level 1. Couldn't buy it, but it was still pretty funny.

5. Zen

Zen Member

6. Warskull

Warskull Member

I think all the stores have a small chance to have something extremely high level in them. One game I saw 3 clockwork chain-axes in the first 2 levels. Others I see nothing of value in the shops until floor 5/6.

7. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I'm fairly sure the chance is either 10% or 20% for each pedestal to have a random level (so it could still be either crap or it could be some 10 star thing) item instead of an appropriate level item.

8. moof

moof Member

My general experience is that every floor, in at least one of the shops there is a high leveled item. I like it as is, but at the same time don't like it. It's too easy to steal from brax. I once had an albrechs helm, serpintine armor, triple flail and sword of the antihero all on the first floor.

9. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

That's not really a problem with high level items in stores. Any method of 'stealing' from Brax that doesn't set off the Dred Collectors is an exploit that needs to be patched.

(Excluding the Burglary skill specifically designed for stealing).

10. moof

moof Member

How do you know it's an exploit? Regardless, the teleport skills will still make it easy to steal from brax even with his demon repomen spawning.

11. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

The highest level Burglary skill gives you a chance to steal 1 item from Brax without consequence. Abusing a teleport skill give you a 100% guaranteed way to steal as many items as you want. If that's not an exploit I don't know what is. Besides, the devs already removed other stealing exploits involving picking up and dropping items.

Agreed, especially if the stairs are conveniently close to the shop. I'd suggest spawning 1 stationary Dred Collector on every stairwell to prevent easy get-aways. If you can kill that Dred Collector and escape you've earned your loot.

I'd also argue that Mathemagic's aimed teleport needs a nerf. Nothing major, maybe just a slight chance of getting a random teleport instead of an aimed one.

12. Vykk Draygo

Vykk Draygo Member

"Your calculations were off."

Sounds like fun. :D

Buuut, then you'd have to add that chance to all the math skills, really. Which doesn't sound as fun.