Help Fill Out the Mod Wiki

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Nicholas, Jun 4, 2012.

1. teraunce

teraunce Member

goddamn it the site is now down and been replaced with an ad site. I don't have a steam version of DoD and would like to mod it.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Wootah

Wootah Member

dredmod.com is working for me.
    Are you sure you went to the right place and weren't redirected?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Hmm. dredmod.com seems to be pointing to, uh, the website for Clockwork Empires.

Derek...?

Exile and OmniaNigrum like this.
  4. Sendaiko

Sendaiko Member

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. Wootah

Wootah Member

So if I type
    'www.dredmod.com' I go to clockwork empires homepage.

if I type
    'dredmod.com' I go to the dredmod main page.

Chrome Version 32.0.1700.102 m

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Confirming this

Exile and OmniaNigrum like this.
  7. DJgamer98

DJgamer98 Member

Confirming this too.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Everything should be in order now - NOTE: Derek gave me the permissions so I can create accounts now. Please PM me if you want an account to edit the wiki or something.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

I've added Template: Dmg and Template:Res to make it easier to add and edit damage icons.

There's pretty interesting errors in the icon image uploads; Dmg_aphyxiative.png, Dmg_aphyxiative_resist.png, Dmg_necromatic.png, Dmg_necromatic_resist.png

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. Darrel378

Darrel378 Member

Hey, sorry if someone answered this question already (haven't seen it if they have), but where do mods get stored on Windows 8.1? If so, is there any program (like say, Office) that is required for editing? And I apologize if this isn't the place to ask questions.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

If it is the same as Windows 7, the mods are stored in users/documents/gaslamp games/dungeons of dredmor/mods and the content is mostly just XML. You can use any text editor to edit mods as you see fit. But if you want a truly wondrous program that is freeware, try this one.
    http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Also you may want to take a peek here since this answers most such questions.
    https://community.gaslampgames.com/...mod-installation-guide-updated-6-5-2012.1335/

Exile and Darrel378 like this.
  13. Darrel378

Darrel378 Member

Thank you for the help! I finally found it.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

Finished the Monster System Reference! Took me 5 hours to research and write every tag, and it's still incomplete!

If you're VERY sure about the use of a tag, please edit the page and put a description in the places with ??. Please put some research into them, because they're ambiguous as f*ck.

bluehinter and OmniaNigrum like this.
  15. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

I already made a reference table for all monster damage on the Floors page, and now I've added a table with a damage breakdown per floor; http://dredmod.com/wiki/Damage#Damage_per_floor .

I find it very interesting and it would be useful for any monsterDB.xml modder out there to decide which damage types are underused and overused. A brief list of observations;

• Out of :dmg_crushing: Crushing, :dmg_slashing: Slashing and :dmg_blast: Blasting damage (the damagetypes affected by Armour), the Blasting damage has the least resistance. Out of the three, Slashing is the worst damage to be dealing to enemies, because it's resisted a lot.
    • Almost everything resists between 5 and 25 :dmg_aphyxiative: Asphyxiative damage, for no particular reason. Almost nothing deals Asphyxiative damage either.
    • A lot of monsters deal :dmg_toxic: Toxic damage but almost none deal :dmg_acidic: Acidic damage. :dmg_putrefying: Putrefying damage is the least used all round. Having a weapon with Toxic damage is very ineffective, due to the crazy amount of resistance monsters have against it.
    • Both :dmg_conflagratory: Conflagratory and :dmg_hyperborean: Hyperborean damage are resisted and dealt A LOT on their own floors, but almost never on other floors.
    • :resist_existential: Existential resistance is assigned to several monsters, but why? Is it supposed to show this monster isn't existential, and gets more damage from existing things, or is it supposed to show it IS existential and won't be damaged as much by other existential things?
    • :dmg_existential: Existential damage is dealt by non-existent things.....~~?
    • :dmg_necromatic: Necromantic damage and resistance are added to.. ravens.
    • :resist_transmutative: Transmutative resistance isn't on things that are hard to transmutate, but on magic users and flying potatoes.
    • The only creatures to deal and resist :dmg_righteous: Righteous damage are fish.
    • Robots are the ones most hurt by :dam_voltaic: Voltaic damage, and there's nothing resistant to Voltaic damage unless it deals it.

bluehinter and OmniaNigrum like this.
  16. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

And I started a page on Modding Gotchas after I somehow used percent='' instead of percentage='' for target- and playerHitEffectBuff's so they triggered every single time; http://dredmod.com/wiki/Modding_gotchas

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. desocupado

desocupado Member

Dredmod just died :/

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

That's gonna be a problem

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  20. Reysol

Reysol Member

Will dredmod ever come back? I recently had an interest to mod and now the resources are gone :-/

OmniaNigrum likes this.