Finishing up dredmor...

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kaidelong, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

I get that GLG probably plans to just retire this soon, but I think there are two elephants in the room that need to be addressed:
    • The total and utter lack of any error handling and reporting
    • Autosave being broken
    I really think at least these two points need to be taken care of before the game gets abandoned.

SkyMuffin and Kazeto like this.
  2. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

I don't think the game is going to be retired/abandoned anytime soon unless ALL of the players abandon it. There will be peeps who still play dredmor, so I imagine Gaslamp would still do some stuff on Dredmor even though their main focus in Clockwork Empires. I am one of those peeps who will remain in Dredmor(Mostly because I'm not into Sims/Dwarf Fortress-likes/RTS, and because my Mac isn't beefy enough for CE(Needs Quad Core and I only have Dual Core from 2008))

Kazeto likes this.
  3. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

This. And a third that really needs to be fixed for mods-- when a mod room has some error in it, and the dungeon level attempts to generate with that room, it crashes the entire game and the player can't progress at all. Sometimes the save file gets deleted also. The game should just identify the room(s) and generate without it. Right now it's a major source of instability for people who play mods, and it's pretty tough to root out the specific mods responsible.