GOG Summer sale has started.

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Aegho, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Aegho

Aegho Member

Two daily bundles and a bunch of flash sales that run for a two hours each, sort of steam style with 66-90% off.

Some nice deals so far, but either for games I already own or aren't interested in, unfortunately.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Worth noting the timings are a little strange and that the ones stating just an hour or two are... um... not as accurate as you'd think. It works out new flash sales (a tier of six) starts about every thirty minutes, so it should work out like:

1st 6 Deals - 0mins01s to 34mins59s
    7-12 - 35mins00s to 1hr
    13-18 - 1.01hr to 1.5hrs
    19-24 - 1.51hrs to 2hrs
    25-30 - 2.01hrs to 2.5hrs

I think. It's, like I said, a bit bizarre. Each flash sale is about 2.5hrs long with the replacements happening every 35mins.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. Aegho

Aegho Member

Grabbed Eschalon Complete Saga (Eschalon book: 1-3) for $7.72, daily bundle.

I remember playing the first one years ago(possibly a demo), and deciding I wanted to wait for the story to be complete before buying the whole lot at once... and well this was my moment. :)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Aegho

Aegho Member

Today there's a whole bunch of bundles(30), and magrunner for free.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

And the flash sale is back to a lot of 2.5hr(ish) length sales staggered at about 35mins.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I was going to buy a game, but between the few seconds of adding it to my cart and trying to check out, the sale ended. /sigh (Smugglers 4)

7. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Oh hey, I did a tiny amount of UI art for that game like a billion (5-6) years ago!

(Edit: It was nothing interesting that would be especially recognizable at all, just boring flat icons and revising a couple animated gif banners. I did do some terrain and unit icons for Niels Bauer's other fantasy-themed game, that was pretty cool.)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. Aegho

Aegho Member

Ended up grabbing Aarklash Legacy on a flash sale after doing some research on it. Pretty decent Baldur's Gate style combat system(isometric, realtime with pause, can stack orders), good balance, challanging combat. Linear, nothing but combat essentially, and forgetable story.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

The game is in my wishlist. I will pick it up one day. It does look quite good. Well done!

10. Godwin

Godwin Member

Yeah it's pretty cool :)

OmniaNigrum likes this.