Veganism + Communism?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by 1MylesK, Apr 15, 2014.

1. 1MylesK

1MylesK Member

First of all, hi! I'm new here so I hope my presence is well accepted!
    Anyway, I was wondering about a possible combination of Veganism and Communism as 2 solid defensive (warrior) skills for a Clockwork Knight build. I'm not sure if they work on CK, but I tried. I'm here to ask you if any of you can tell me a possible build with these two skills (or also if these two skills synergize well together). The build that I used, and that I'm still using is the following one:

Myrkov, the Communist Hero!
    Killer Vegan
    Communism
    Clockwork Knight
    Smithing
    Tinkering
    Polearms
    Archeology

Keep in mind that I would like to use a warrior build (being melee if not necessary, I'm fine in transitioning in a bolt user late-game and I planned on doing so) and that english is not my native language so please bear with me~

2. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

I would probably swap out Archaeology for Perception. Perception really helps so much with Tinkering and Smithing that I'd almost consider it a necessity, and I've always found Archeology to be underwhelming. My personal bias is against taking a weapons skill without dual wield, even after they nerfed dual-wield.

1MylesK likes this.
  3. 1MylesK

1MylesK Member

Thanks for the tip! What should I place there instead? I mean, I like fact that I can abuse the range and kill animals at distance xD Should I run something like MoA or Shield Barer?

4. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

If you like Polearms, take it. It's not a bad choice, just not my personal choice. I also like the range thing, but I find it problematic early on with certain enemies (like those robot guys, whatever they are called).

I'd probably pick one of the following: Unarmed, Burglary, Berserk Rage, Magical Law, Demonology, Master of Arms, Shield Mastery, Viking Magic, Fungal Arts, etc. There's a lot of possible choices.

1MylesK likes this.
  5. 1MylesK

1MylesK Member

Ok, thanks a lot! :D

6. Mr_Strange

Mr_Strange Member

I would lose Polearms in favor of another weapon skill - probably Axes or Maces. My reasoning is that Polearms give you multi-hit attacks, which is what you do NOT want if you are a vegan - because you need to be careful with your attacks!

Tinkering is a must - for CK support and general awesomeness. I would drop Smithing in favor of Master of Arms - because more early defense is better than the small amount of Burliness Smithing gives as a bonus. Big Game Hunter is also a strong option in that slot.

Archeology is fine, but I would also take a look at Burglary for general utility.

So my suggestion is:

Killer Vegan
    Communism
    Clockwork Knight
    Tinkering
    Maces/Axes
    Master of Arms
    Archeology/Burglary

As a Vegan, remember to use THROWING weapons as much as possible against animals - your huge strength and 5 Righteous damage will make you a throwing beast.

7. 1MylesK

1MylesK Member

Thanks a lot for the epic answer! :D Ill make sure to put it to good use