Whining: Does Krong ever do anything useful?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Psiweapon, Oct 15, 2012.

1. mining

mining Member

Doesn't matter, a higher initial AQ means that your (+5/7) vs (-4/7) effect is going to be more drastic.

2. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Only if you manage to find an artifact that is generated without it's proper AQ's worth of random enchantments. IDK any circumstances left in the game when that would happen -- do you?

3. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Mining, stop for a moment and listen. We. Are. Not. Counting. Points. You gain. From your AQ showing itself. So stop stubbornly repeating the same thing that is not true in this case, because the only thing you'll achieve is confusing people.

4. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

AQ only applies on the first kronging.

Kazeto likes this.
  5. Essence

OMG Fax LIVES!!!

Oh, well then I guess 5here's no cheating Krong. Oh well.

6. Glazed

Glazed Member

Don't worry, at least I'm still dead.

7. Essence

To quote a very wise (assed) man, I had to like your post so that I could unlike it.

TheJadedMieu and Kazeto like this.
  8. TheKirkUnited

TheKirkUnited Member

I feel your pain Psi. Krong is a bastard who curses my stuff on a regular basis. That's not to say I never get blessings... I do get them. My luck seems to be pretty bad though, because when the curses come down, they come down hard. I've had some really nice items with multiple Krong blessings completely ruined a single curse that destroys my AA, Trapsight or a vitally important resist.

The odds might be in my favor, but my luck sucks. So it goes.

thecraww likes this.
  9. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

You have to weigh that against the fact that positive kronging generally adds only one point (unless the item is an artifact that was missing its enchantment), while negative krongings often add multiple penalties, at least in my experiance.

10. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

1–3 points (average 2) for the positive effect.
    3–5 points (average 4) for the negative effect.

Thus, in the long run, assuming “average” luck, the item should slowly (very slowly) get better over time.

Also, you have just revived a one-and-a-half year old thread. Not that I'm complaining or anything, I just think you might not have noticed.