Evil Clone at level 4 = weetahdid

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by ElJefe, Apr 1, 2014.

1. ElJefe

ElJefe Member

Hey. I load up the new Free DLC and i load up the first portal. i fight 10 hp monsters and then all of a sudden 2 166hp evil clones come out and one shot me. i tried to get away but lockpicking takes a round so no chance.

anyone going to address this clearly untested part of the game?

I love the game. but ever since installing the last dlc, things got kinda dumb with stuff like this happening. I would think this is super easy to fix if you made the program. I no longer use the words on the wall. They were a fun excursion a month ago now they kill my character instantly.

sux.

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

The portal dimensions can pull from any monster/level in the game intentionally. You need to be prepared before venturing in one.

3. ElJefe

ElJefe Member

Well. Ok. However, when i first got the game and made like 10 characters, the first 5-6 portals were near my level. Then when i got some DLC, now its random. Also, the levle of portal i died was looking really low, until i moved a lever and got monsters 10 levels higher. only the evil clone part didnt make sense. i guess i have to save up all my portals for when im like level 12. which is makes the game certainly less fun.

4. ElJefe

ElJefe Member

BTW: do you like my bunny pic? I do. he rocks.

5. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Wizardland dimensions have these special rooms, which if you learn how they work, will not be a major hazard. What you did was learn that a specific lever in a specific room type will spawn specific monsters. Think of it as a trap to be avoided until/unless you can handle the consequences, and you'll be fine.

Note that even if you are too weak to beat them, they move just as fast as other monsters, so you can simply make a run for the exit.

6. ElJefe

ElJefe Member

well if doors are closed then you cant :( takes up a turn. dead.

7. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

That's the reason why you save your inky hoglantern and invis potions and so on. And besides, you know better now not to pull that darned lever, right? It's a pretty distinctive room.

8. ElJefe

ElJefe Member

hm well not sure if i know the room yet. i wont pull it in a portal place i guess. I have noticed that if i go invisible monsters follow me. always. why?

9. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Good hearing? Smell? They seem to me to move semi-randomly, but yes, I've noticed that they sometimes feel like they are following (at least the ones that are close). Figure it this way -- if you were trying to kill something and it turned transparent, you'd probably keep going in its general direction, just because if it teleported, you probably wouldn't have a chance to find it anyway. And logically, if you turned invisible, odds are you'd be moving in the opposite direction to the threat, or standing still to use potions/eat/etc.

I'm not saying that's what's happening. I'm just considering possible explanations that probably have absolutely nothing to do with how the game is programmed, and everything to do with rationalizations.

ElJefe likes this.
  10. ElJefe

ElJefe Member

do you like my bunny though? didnt answer that.

11. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Only if its housebroken.

ElJefe likes this.