This game saved my life

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by RadiantDash, Feb 3, 2014.

1. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

How about a Diggle? Or a Diggle riding a Cat like the monkey in the image I put in the spoiler above? If random ideas are what you want, I think we can inspire you. And by the way, I hope you are feeling better.

2. RadiantDash

RadiantDash Member

Never drew a Diggle before and Diggle with a cat would be adorable :) Thanks for the suggestion! And yeah, I'm feeling much better! I didn't go to sleep in the middle of the night just because I have a really strong urge to draw something. I'm also waiting for a huge pack of free stock pose references to download so yay more human art soon! I think I'm talking more then working, eh? :D

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Work is overrated. Enjoy life. :)

But yeah, a Diggle riding a Cat would either be very cute or very frightening. Possibly both. Artistic expression is where the definition is decided.

4. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

5. RadiantDash

RadiantDash Member

Yeah, I saw it and I totally dig it ;)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. RadiantDash

RadiantDash Member

Ohmygosh I just received the most expensive commission in my life and it looks so perfect wow
    [​IMG]
    He doesn't really look like main hero... but it's so nicely drawn ;__; I wish I could draw like this. I did nothing productive all week :(

7. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

I've taken several Writing classes over the years, and one of the most useful exercises I found was to imitate other people's distinctive styles. For writing, I remember trying to imitate Huck Finn, and Le Mort d'Arthur and I can't remember what else. The general idea is that it teaches you about style, and eventually through doing that, you may find your own voice. (Granted, I haven't written ANYTHING other than forum posts in recent years, so I'm one to talk). But I'm betting that it would be good practice. But the most important thing is to keep drawing.

For example, I know that if you look at Picasso's and Van Gogh's early work, they imitated other styles. Van Gogh I believe did some Chinese-style paintings,for example. Just an idea. Don't worry about if its good, just keep doing it.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. RadiantDash

RadiantDash Member

Haldurson, thanks for advice! I try to imitate other artists and styles I like sometimes. I mostly just draw things from my head using photos as references, tutorials and mixing a lot of stuff to create my own style. I don't use same style for a long time because it's getting boring and it's always fun to try something new. I also keep forgetting how did I draw my previous pictures :D

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

Wow, you got a commish of the dredmor PC? That's really awesome. XD
    (And as one might expect, the key to getting better at drawing is praaaaactice. Lots of it.)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. RadiantDash

RadiantDash Member

MOOMANiBE, yeah, that commission worth every penny (or rouble in my case xD) :D Also, what does PC stand for? I have a little guess that's Protagonist Character since Personal Computer and Professional Corporation sounds really silly in this context.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

i have similar feelings about Dredmor :) It was a nice little refuge for me when i was in an abusive relationship two years ago, and in general i've had so much fun with this game that i often feel guilt over how little i paid for it. The community here has also been super friendly and although we are all a bit weird, it works somehow.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

PC = Player('s) Character

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. RadiantDash

RadiantDash Member

SkyMuffin, I know how you feel, I was once in an abusive relationship too :( And it was also two years ago...
    I feel guilty for downloading it from piratebay... But I like to play games before buying them. If I like a certain game I buy a physical copy (special edition if there's one) because I won't pay for a bad game. It was a problem with DoD - there is no physical copies! And I don't use Steam or any other online game clients. So I just bought DoD for my boyfriend's account. I try to pay with my actions - I make fanart, tell other people about the game, commission artists to draw characters from the game (if the artist is famous unlike me more people will know about the game from their art). Little by little we'll take over the world :D
    Ah, thanks for the explanation! Google was filled with nonsense when I tried searching it.

OmniaNigrum and SkyMuffin like this.
  14. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

If you ever decide to make a Steam account, let me know. (My username is the same there.) I have a spare copy of DoD complete that for some strange reason I have been unable to give away. You are most welcome to it if you want it. (I bought five copies of it one of the times it was on sale for a crazy cheap amount.)

15. RadiantDash

RadiantDash Member

OmniaNigrum, once I'll have my own a computer I'll be glad to accept your offer! I planned to buy myself one on my Birthday if my room reconstruction would be done by that time. I wonder why didn't you give it away though. I plan to make a giveaway on deviantArt with points (dA currency) and copies of DoD on my Birthday.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Whenever you are ready, just send me a PM. I will keep it ready for you.

As for why I did not give it away, I bought too many copies. I never bothered. I knew that if I waited a bit someone would want it.

17. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

I used to use piratebay too, but not anymore. I've even lost everything I've downloaded there when my hard disk died. Never went there since the new hard drive I got.
    I know this(had to find out when playing ADOM), but I tend to keep thinking that it means "Personal Computer" as opposed to "Player Character". Old habit i guess. Did you know that Technically iMacs are considered "Personal Computers(PCs)" despite most connotations declaring PCs as Windows?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. RadiantDash

RadiantDash Member

Whoa, I wasn't here for quite a while. I have two news: a bad one and a good one. The bad one is I found out I have diabetes. I found out about that the hard way - I blacked out in the store. The good news is I have to eat candy so I won't black out again. Man, I love candy! My blood sugar is really low and my teeth are good so all I do all day is eat candies. But I'll stop whining about my health and bring you more fanart!
    [​IMG]

I've been asked to draw a diggle a lot so here's an excited cute diggle. What's he so excited about? He's happy to see you all! As I do. I haven't been online a lot and I was drawing stuff to all the people I own art. I also opened request on deviantArt to keep myself busy and find motivation. And I started crating. Sewing is cool, much better then drawing.
    and the autograph never arrived... damn russian postal system [​IMG]

Haldurson and OmniaNigrum like this.
  19. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Do you take insulin? If so, then you need to reduce the amount you take until you do not need to compensate with candies. If not, then you are not diabetic, but actually hypoglycemic. (Meaning your pancreas produces excess insulin.)

20. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

Glad to see you back and I love the diggle. :)

OmniaNigrum likes this.