It's that time of year again. STEAM SALE.

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Aegho, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Yeah. I mean I spent £9 on GAME (UK retail & web chain) today and got myself the retail edition of The Dark Eye: Demonicon and Monaco, which is not all that much more (if anything more) than what they'd cost me on Steam, not to mention Monaco would come with feelies and extras.

There's just not that much that interests me, or at least not at price points I'm willing to stump up for.

And I just got a PS3. Got a lot of dollar dollar thinking to unthink.

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  2. Aegho

Aegho Member

Yeah I get you there. I think I'm kinda skinnerboxing a bit, but there's not much to be excited about in the sales that I don't already own, and my backlog is getting rather large, and when I do get around to playing them, it's rare that I don't get bored, distracted or annoyed and quit partway through.

But hey, if there's a genre I'm itching to play something of, I probably have a few of it waiting to be played.

Today's sale has... nothing I want that I didn't already have or played through ages ago. Well, maybe Hard Reset from the daily vote. But I already have a few shooters waiting to be played, I haven't even installed Shadow Warrior yet. I did finish the story in Call of Juarez: Gunslinger last night though, that's sort of unusual. Great game.

3. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

I picked up "Check vs. Mate" because my 10-year old nephew recently beat me at chess. I used to play a bit -- I wasn't bad, but wasn't all that great either. But I'm so out of practice, and have problems focusing. Figured with some practice, I could at least give him a better challenge. Still, I tried the game on an easy level and got totally frustrated.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

I also picked up Coin Crypt and Contraption Maker just now (damn I shouldn't have looked at my wish list lol).

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Same here, pretty much. I don't even have anything on my wishlists that I want anymore.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

Yeah, I know what you mean. Also I have the problem that my system likely wont be able to run games like Bioshock Infinite and Dishonored. Those are two games that I would like but my system is getting too old and I don't have the money to update it. Lately, I have been buying mostly indie games and smaller type games in bundles and such.

For instance, a while ago I tried out the demo of Sword of the Stars: The Pit and really liked it so when it went on sale on GOG a while ago, I purchased it. Recently the two DLC for it went on sale at GOG for 50% off so I got them and I am having fun. :)

I also saw a game on GOG that I loved when I played it a looooong time ago and I still have the physical disks somewhere but decided to get it again and modded it up with the texture packs and such. I am playing it again and still loving it. :)

EDIT: I just realized I never mentioned the name, System Shock 2. :oops:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  7. Aegho

Aegho Member

Wasteland 2 is on mine, but I'm a) waiting for full release, and b) waiting for a sale.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. Aegho

Aegho Member

I interupt this thread to bring to your attention something I found on indiegamestand.com as today's deal.
    And wether the game is actually any good I have no idea, and I can't really give a recommendation wether to buy it. (The production value and polish on this one is really really bad, could still be a good game, I can't really tell).

But you owe it to yourself to watch the trailer!

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. Godwin

Godwin Member

What you don't know it!
    It's brilliant!! The humor in that game... wow. This game is seriously awesome. Had such a great time with the legendary B-ballers I just had to support the sequal on kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/talesofgames/barkley-2-an-rpg-sequel-to-barkley-shut-up-and-jam
    I played through it all and wouldn't mind doing it again. Highly engaging game, totally weird, but so worth sticking to, in spite of how it looks (I thought it was charming).
    Comes highly recommended by me :)

Edit: actually, the game is downloadable for free at the website of the creators, don't know where you got it, but hope you didn't pay.
    http://www.talesofgames.com/related_game/barkley-shut-up-jam-gaiden/

Kazeto, OmniaNigrum and Aegho like this.
  10. Aegho

Aegho Member

Saw Tomb Raider on 80% off and figured that might be worth it, however enhanced steam wasn't showing me where it was cheapest so I resorted to cheapchark(thanks indiegamebundles links), and turns out the 60% off on amazon was cheaper than the 80% off on steam because the amazon one had a $19.99 base price, and steam had a €49.99 base price. WTF?
    Why is the base price on steam 341% that of the base price on amazon? That just blows my mind.

Anyway got it for $7.99 on amazon.

And it should be noted, this is my first Tomb Raider game, I'm not a franchise fan, but this one actually appealed to me, despite a bit of ludo narrative dissonance.

11. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Tomb Raider (2013) is the only Tomb Raider you need.

Aegho and OmniaNigrum like this.
  12. Aegho

Aegho Member

Yeah that's what I got, I made damn sure it was the right game before I bought it, so amazon wasn't bamboozling me with the original (1996). ;)

And today I've decided to grab Blackguards from the flash sale, because that's a game I've had my eye on for a while, and I've watched a bit of let's play. Didn't want to spend €25 on an early access, but even at 50% off it's still the most expensive game I've bought this season. :p

I considered Garry's mod as well... but don't really have anyone to play with.