Indie Game Bundles

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Aegho, Feb 5, 2013.

1. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Actually it is a key to a DLC for Arkham Origin. The base game on the Humble shop is still $50.

*Edit* Sorry. I apparently missed the DLC part of your post. I am leaving this here since I messed up and you did not.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
    Kazeto likes this.
  2. Aegho

Aegho Member

Considering picking up the humble weekly bundle at the $6+ pricepoint. However I already have Galaxy on Fire 2: HD and Jagged Alliance: Classics, and don't particularly want Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers, so those could come up for grabs... Maybe Crossfire too(I'd rather just play JA2 with 1.13 fanpatch/mod, again).

I would mainly get it for Expeditions: Conquistador. Thunder wolves could be a bit of mindless action fun and Desert Strike nostalgia.

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  3. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Expeditions: Conquistador is actually a pretty good game, but can be challenging at times. I think I quit and restarted the game 2 or 3 times, and never actually finished it. I think in my last game, I left my expedition lost in the mountains, running low on food and water. One of these days, I'm going to give it another try.

4. Aegho

Aegho Member

Not a bundle but... just noticed Tower of Guns over on indiegamestand, it's currently on pay-what-you-want sale, with a minimum of $1 to get the game, though if you pay $10+ you get a bundle with their previous game and eventually their next (mystery) game.

I mention it because it's a roguelike, but it's a first person twitch shooter roguelike. It has been described as Binding of Isaac meets Doom 2, and graphically it looks a bit like Borderlands meets Bioshock Infinite.

Note though: It's early access, alpha/beta. It's also DRM-free.

5. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Unless you have insider tips or money to spare, don't ever drop $10. You can generally pick up all three games for <$10, and you also don't get stuck with a game you don't want.

6. Aegho

Aegho Member

I picked this up... unfortunately Galaxy on Fire 2: HD, Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers, and Thunder Wolves are bundled in one key package, however I still ended up setting it as a gift option.

Crossfire is up for grabs as a gift link as well...

JA: Classics is just a DRM-free download thing, no gift option.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Aegho

Aegho Member

Well I just grabbed the newest Bundle Stars offering... £2.60 for a decent game lineup.

The Ultimate Sci-fi Bundle. http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/ultimate-sci-fi-bundle/

Sword of the Stars 2: Enhanced Edition(4x, I didn't activate, in case someone wants the key)
    Project Freedom(3rd person 3D space shooter)
    Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space (a roguelike/space exploration hybrid of some sort, seemed interesting)
    Space Chem and a DLC/add-on for it(puzzle)
    Really Big Sky (shmup/bullet hell, with up to 4 player co-op) (WARNING: REALLY HORRIBLY PORTED! Resolution options are horrible!)
    Planets Under Attack (shallow strategy, key also for grabs, I already had this from some other bundle)
    Data Jammers(looks like one of those music dodge the blocks games)
    Ion Assault(funky, extremely heavy on the particle effects arena shooter).

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
    OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. Gorbax

Gorbax Member

I'm very confused, is this the sequel to Sword of the Stars: The Pit?!

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. Aegho

Aegho Member

No, it's part of the 4x strategy series of which Sword of the Stars: The Pit is a spin-off.

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  10. Gorbax

Gorbax Member

Ah, that makes a lot of sense

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. Aegho

Aegho Member

gog.com is giving away fallout 1+2+tactics, their servers are however overloaded like hell at the moment. I feel slightly silly for paying €4.99 to steam for them, because gog never seemed to have the package on sale(only individually for $4.99).

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

That's because GOG has only recently started doing "packages".

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

They did put themed packages on their 2013 summer sale though.

Aegho and OmniaNigrum like this.
  14. Aegho

Aegho Member

There's a new Android and PC humble bundle, Not much of interest, except maybe Hero Academy, mainly mentioning it because the name of one of the games kicked over my giggle box. "AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome"

15. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome is a pretty cool game if it's what I'm thinking of. A base jumping game with some crazy environments.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. Aegho

Aegho Member

I grabbed Driftmoon and QUBE(because I had to pick 2 games) from groupees for $1, courtesy of indiegamebundles.com today.

Because yay cheap games or something. Actually I'd played the demo of Driftmoon many months ago(from a bundle... kinda crappy to just have the demo), so kinda wanted to pick that up, QUBE was filler.

17. Aegho

Aegho Member

Sidenote: the groupees thing gave me a steamkey, desura key and DRM-free download link for Driftmoon, but the game hasn't been approved in greenlight yet. The steamkey was successfully registered, but added no game to my library because it's not on steam yet. That was pretty funny.

18. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

It's been Greenlit

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. Aegho

Aegho Member

Let me rephrase that then: a steam version is not yet available.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  20. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

It should be going up soon, then. Wadjet Eye Games, as an example, distributed Steam keys for The Shivah: Kosher Edition a week or so before it got its own store page. If you redeem it on your account you will get it, but it won't necessarily be visible in your library.