1000 Ways to Die

Discussion in 'Stories & Fan Fiction' started by JumbocactuarX27, Jul 20, 2011.

1. jadkni

jadkni Member

Liechtenauer's Switcheroo on a raven hovering over water. No, I'm not sure what I was thinking.

Turbo164 likes this.
  2. Frelus

Frelus Member

The meteor from investigator is lame.
    Does not really do that much damage. and does not scale. At all.

3. Jellp

Jellp Member

1. Summon fiery lizard thingy
    2. own everything
    3. acidently click on my fiery lizard thingy
    4. Counter
    5. Dead
    6. Achievement!

Turbo164 likes this.
  4. Turbo164

Turbo164 Member

Yeah I lost 86 hp to a pair of geologists and their friends before it allowed me to take a turn...and it turns out you can't take turns while dead. I had to settle for turning over in my grave. :dmg_existential:

The very next character I made died on floor 1; a boss Djinn chased me to the 4-lever-teleport-room, and apparently levers are slower than fists. I pulled it, got punched (crit), died, stood up, snapped fingers, teleported to the next lever, died again, then stood up and died about 5 more times (no more finger snaps sadly) until the tombstone came up.

Giygas likes this.
  5. DungeonDragon

DungeonDragon Member

I found myself with 18:life: on the 3d floor with an opened zoo on one side and 3 Uber Octos and a horde of clones on the other. Because I emptied all the Food Dispenses on level 2 and a couple on level 3, I was out of money. Freaking elves hide their grinder so there was no hope to cook something simple, yet nutritious. I killed couple of clones, when suddently a pumpkin guy has arrived. He made a cloud that started choking me and clones were spitting acid... with 12:life: I had no chance of surviving so I used a Spatial Instability Infusion which landed me practically on the Octo who used his "Quizer or whatever" hit me for 8 dmg, however I managed to kill him.

Meanwhile clones were getting closer and closer. my 4:life_regen: didn't look very reassuring to me, so I tried to escape. I knew I couldn't go north because of the zoo, clones were creeping from the east, so I went west opened a door and practilly kissed an Uber Unfriendly AI...

He hit me with 2 :resist_voltaic: damage but I retaliated with a rocket punch. After that I gulped down an Inky Hoglantern and munched 6 lutefisks, while I was invisible 8:life: (yay!), then I ran south and even got 1:life: HP from natural regeneration. I was happy and eager to fight when I saw a water blocking my way. It was then I realised that I won't be able to escape to the safety of the upper levels... I tried to outmanoeuvre my oponents but mosters surrounded me and with one click of a mouse I died.....

R.I.P
    DD the Adventurer
    ######
    by the player :)

I used a rocket jump which blew me to death and then moved my dead body to the other side of the river...

Mabeso, Giygas and Vitellozzo like this.
  6. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Uhm, what lizard thingy? It's a mod?

7. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

The Wrymling from Promethean Magic, I would wager.

Turbo164, Jellp and Vitellozzo like this.
  8. Jellp

Jellp Member

Yes, that one. >_<

Vitellozzo likes this.
  9. Flam3

Flam3 Member

Well I can't remember some of my earlier deaths, some of my more recent ones I can recall quite clearly though.
    I was having a really good run for once, I had so many resistances that most things didn't hurt me, I generally just fireballed my way through everything, then at about floor 4 I found a root of t'char, I didn't really pay attention to it and decided to investigate it. Next thing I know, I was teleporting randomly and things were exploding, then in a few turns it killed me. There was also the time I went on Going Rogue with permadeath and random skills, I was bored that time. I was killed by a blobby.

Kazeto likes this.
  10. Mabeso

Mabeso Member

I've been running a build with 100 :dodge: recently. Playing with a defensive stat maxed up like that makes you a bit overconfident after a while. And then you get surrounded by diggle geologists, they defuff you like hell and your measly 5:armor_asorb: just won't hold. That's life. So, well, sometimes you just have to wear good armour even if it's a rogue/mage build.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
    Kazeto likes this.
  11. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

I was playing with a Clockwork Knight / crafter / explorator. I come across a mod room never saw before "Furnace Room".
    There's a lever in it, and a sign.
    The sign reads for "This lever will burn the ass down of everything in this room. This includes you."
    Think "funny, a new kind of room, I've never saw this".
    I pull the lever.
    Lot's of fire follow.
    One turn of horrible pain subsequent of the flames. I had only a regenerative potion.
    Next thing I remember I was in a grave, with an highscore on my head.

Kazeto likes this.
  12. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

Speaking of Dodge builds being nerfed by dazing, the only deaths I remember that were any decent was when I was playing a Pure Rogue Dodge-aholic. Got to Floor 13 after getting away with meleeing floors 11 and 12 with very little armour.(not having to use bolts) I come across a monster zoo, Diggle Rocketeer Punched me, ran up to me and stabbed me to death. I had no chance to teleport away or do anything. Full health to zero before being able to move. Next time I tried a Pure Rogue on floor 13, got owned by Red Deth's Spell casting during a monster zoo(this time I was making sure to use bolts).

Lesson Learned: Never bother with Floor 13 on a Pure Rogue. Once I learned that, I beat Dredmor as a Pure Rogue.(Didn't want to wear nimbleness reducing armour, just for the challenge)

OmniaNigrum likes this.