It's that time of year again. STEAM SALE.

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Aegho, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

A few? I think there's maybe ten or so, at least.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Gorbax

Gorbax Member

Shit, really?
    It hasn't been that long since I played it, but apparently too long to say anything meaningful about it

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

There's the standard operations, there's the vehicle ones (standard w/ extra challenge), which is at least six. Then there's the TF2 one(s), the space one, the new(ish) alien one, I think... Yeah, there's more than a 'few'.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Gorbax

Gorbax Member

I didn't really count the vehicle ones as different, since it's not really, you know, different, but I didn't know about aliens or space at all

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. Godwin

Godwin Member

Okaay, so I went ahead and splurged a bit on this steam sale.
    13 games, 56 euros.

Unholy Heights
    Aarklash: Legacy
    Bionic Dues
    Escape Goat
    I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream
    The Stanley Parable
    Cherry Tree High Comedy Club
    Deponia
    Papers, Please
    Offspring Fling!
    Unstoppable Gorg
    Max Payne 3

First one I've tried out so far: Bionic Dues
    I can really recommend that one! Granted, maybe it's too easy, but I have high hopes (have only played one mission so far though, so research carefully!). It has all the ingredients that satisfy my roguelike desires.
    But seriously, where has this come from? Totally sleeper stealth ninja game. Looking forward to spending a lot of time with it. :)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Gorbax

Gorbax Member

That's a good deal!

I love Papers, please!, and I quite enjoyed Escape Goat. Haven't finished either because of reasons, though

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Godwin

Godwin Member

Yeah looking forward to Papers, please!, heard it was good. Have to go to bed now and work tomorrow though, so this is it for tonight.

Even though Bionic Dues is really fun I couldn't stop myself: had to try out Aarklash: Legacy too. Also an hour in now: looking very good! Nice combat with counters, timers you can intercepts, combo's, directional positioning and such. Nice nice :)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. Cream Magneto

Cream Magneto Member

got so many unfinished games that im barely hungry for more.

still holding out for Civ V BNW going to 75% and will probably pick up Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes for $10 on the humble bundle store.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

If BNW isn't 75% off on the Steam store right now, it won't go lower this sale.

So far I've picked up:
    Far Cry 3 Deluxe
    Shadowrun Returns (+ Deluxe pack when it went 55% off :| )
    Civ V Scrambled Nations DLC.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. Aegho

Aegho Member

My total has been:
    Antichamber
    Skyrim (vanilla only)
    XCOM: Enemy Within expansion(greenmangaming)
    Gunpoint(humble store)
    Dishonoured(amazon)

I'm considering picking up Fallout collection, though I've played them all(and all the way through, multiple times for Fallout 2, which I've got on a CD somewhere, original from '98). Been wanting to get it on sale on gog.com but never seems to happen.

We'll see if anything interesting comes up on flash sale, otherwise that's pretty much it for me.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Added The Stanley Parable and Braid to my list.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

If you happen to want to mod Fallout 1 or 2, let me know. I can throw the best mods for each in my Dropbox account and link them here.

But honestly I have difficulty playing even a heavily modded Fallout 1 or 2. They are ancient when compared to Fallout 3 and New Vegas. And they have much more limited mod selections. But still very good mods.

I am actually playing Fallout 3 at the moment. But I have done everything besides the World of Pain mods already including the expansions. Tomorrow I will uninstall it and start playing Borderlands 2 again.

Then again, I may wait a few days for the Headhunter 3 DLC to finally start being sold. I think there will be another patch when it is available for sale. I saw it available as a torrent on TPB, but that is the sole reason I check TPB. (To see what new games and expansions/DLC is available.)

13. Aegho

Aegho Member

Honestly the only annoying thing with games of that style, that are that old for me, is the resolution options, but there's mods for that.

I happily play games of that style any time. Underrail being a prime recent example.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

The widescreen mod is included with most major mods anyway, and if not, they tell you how to get it working with the mods you choose. I run Fallout 1 and 2 at 1920 x 1080 without any problems.

15. Aegho

Aegho Member

Ended up getting Shadow Warrior(from amazon) and Fallout Collection(steam) before the end of the sale...

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. Aegho

Aegho Member

Sort of relevant: Bundle Stars has opened up a store where they have daily steam game discounts. http://www.bundlestars.com/store/

I went ahead and bought Teleglitch: Time to Die Edition, 75% off the US price on steam, comes to $3.90, but they charge in GBP so I payed £2.38 for it. (Comes out to about 78% off the steam euro price).

It's a roguelike topdown shooter, kinda survival horrorish. Heavy on difficulty and resource management.

Or you could get the Indiegala Limited bundle: http://www.indiegala.com/?source=indiegamebundles which includes it, but there was nothing else in it that appealed to me.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. Aegho

Aegho Member

Oh right, steam sale started again last night. I've grabbed Dead Island: GOTY and Recettear so far.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

Oh man, you missed it then. A few days to a week ago, GOG had Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics for FREE. They were losing the license to sell them but anyone that had them would get to keep them in their inventory to download in the future. They only had them for FREE for two days I believe. Sorry, you just missed them and now GOG can't sell them any longer.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. Aegho

Aegho Member

Actually I didn't miss that, so I have them on both steam and gog. :p

To quote myself from the indie game bundles thread.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  20. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

I think I'm starting to hit that equilibrium point where I don't buy anything from steam sales anymore.

OmniaNigrum likes this.