Desura version is still v1.1.2!

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by MythArcana, Nov 26, 2013.

1. MythArcana

MythArcana Member

I read the original post that v1.1.4 was released, and of course Desura is still stuck on v1.1.2. But then I noticed that v1.1.4 was released in July and it's now November. Are these patches Steam specific or something? Can we please get a little attention at *the other place* sometime soon? I hear the Humble bundles aren't updated, either.

*sigh*

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  2. Gorbax

Gorbax Member

Humble is at 1.1.3 last I heard, so there's a discrepancy between all the platforms it seems

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

We're looking into this and hopefully can resolve it later this week. Sorry for the delay.

4. MythArcana

MythArcana Member

Any word on this issue at all? Desura is eternally stuck at v1.12 with no end in sight apparently.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. Daynab

We have updated the builds on Steam, Humble Store and are looking into updating Desura but the process is weird and hasn't gotten any easier since the last time. I could give you a Steam key in the mean time if you'd like though.

6. MythArcana

MythArcana Member

I do not use Steam at all out of choice, so that would not work well for me. I have the complete Dredmor purchased via Desura to avoid Steam. I did notice, however, the online store for GLG and was wondering if those are your localized versions and if those were the updated files. If this is the case, that would be a much more viable delivery system for me and I would gladly change distribution channels in order to get current patches. I am now shutting the door on GamersGate and Desura forever for shutting the door on their consumers. Any help would be great cause I'm about to simply give up soon.

http://dungeonsofdredmor.com/#buy-complete

P.S. I do realize Desura has some funky policies regarding the way they handle updates. Illwinter had this very same problem with Dominions 3 when it first arrived there, so they granted Johan exclusive access to update this own files and manage them personally. They haven't had a problem since and Dominions 4 has had no problems since, either.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  7. Daynab

The one on our store goes through the Humble widget and has been updated as far as I'm told, yes. Unfortunately we don't have access to keys for it, so you would need to buy it from there.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. MythArcana

MythArcana Member

Well, dang. If the offer still stands, I will attempt to load up Steam to get the update then.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. Daynab

Sure, check your PMs. Note that the game itself doesn't require Steam, so you can copy it and run it anywhere.

10. MythArcana

MythArcana Member

I installed Steam on my 12 year old ThinkPad and got the updated pack to feed to my other hungry machines. Thanks for the help!

OmniaNigrum likes this.