It's that time of year again. STEAM SALE.

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Aegho, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Aegho

Aegho Member

Day 1:

I grabbed Anti-chamber, and Skyrim(should be playable/fun by now, with mods).

Recommended: Sleeping dogs, and of course Terraria if anyone still doesn't have it. :p

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Gorbax

Gorbax Member

As by chance, another 5 of my useless TF2 crates sold on the market, netting me the exact amount of 5 cents I was missing to pick up the 400 Days DLC for The Walking Dead!

Neat

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Only picked up Shadowrun Returns so far. Not sure if I'll get anything else, though. Struggling to find anything that's standing out to me.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Godwin

Godwin Member

Picked up hammerwatch for cheap in the flash sale and it's nice so far. About an hour in. It's slow (playing alone), but I am in the mood for that. Haven't died yet, playing Warlock.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I grabbed the Headhunters 2 expansion for Borderlands 2. That was a mere $3.

6. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Bought Skyrim and Civ5 Brave New World expansion.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

SKOIRIM

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

I am trying to resist buying anything but I know I will probably fail.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. Aegho

Aegho Member

Today... bupkis. Only Dead Island is mildly interesting, but meh.

If anyone is interested in XCOM I have an old unused key in an email somewhere from greenmangaming (got it with my bioshock infinite preorder, already had it).

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

SKOIIIIRIIIIIIMMMMMMMM

Oi heard you're looking for supplois

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. Xyvik

Xyvik Member

I noticed that it's not just the "Main Page" that has specials. If you click on the "Check Out Other Specials" down on the bottom there are thousands of games on sale. Of course, waiting 'til the last day for "big name" sales is usually best, but I found that 95% of my wishlist was on sale, most in the 75% off range.

CURSE YOU STEAM! I WAS TRYING TO SAVE MONEY!!

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  12. Aegho

Aegho Member

Not on the steamsale but grabbed XCOM: Enemy Within (Expansion) for £14 from greenmangaming with a 30% off voucher code from indiegamebundles.com

Been waiting for this to come on sale, steam didn't discount it when XCOM was the daily deal, so figured this is as close as I get at least prior to christmas sales... it's almost 50% off compared to the steam price(€30 vs £14, equivalent to €16.82).

Haldurson and OmniaNigrum like this.
  13. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Also not on sale, but I picked up the "Gold" DLC for "Sword of the Stars: The Pit". Somehow I missed when this came out. 3 new characters, new items, etc. In my current game, I'm playing as one of the new characters, a Liir 'Seeker'. Since this is a spin-off from "Sword of the Stars", it's actually kind of surprising that it took until now before you could play as a non-human.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

There was a non-human PC added in Mind Games.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  15. Aegho

Aegho Member

Saw gunpoint in flash sale, decided to go for it, saw it was cheaper in humble store(because steam is doing $ = €), got it from there instead.

I don't usually like platformers, or puzzle games, but this one has had me intrigued since before launch due to emergent behavior and all sorts of fun clever tricks you can pull.

Sidenote: Indiegala has opened a webstore now too, with lots of deals(up to 80% off), but it can't really handle the load, very laggy right now.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Even if it's a few dollars out, go through the Humble Store. Devs get a better cut that way,

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. Aegho

Aegho Member

Hmm, looks like it's time for me to grab Dishonoured. Might pick up State of Decay and Counterstrike: Global Offensive too... and perhaps Surgeon Simulator 2013.

Anyone who hasn't picked up Bioshock Infinite yet... this looks like a good time to pick it up.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

I caved and grabbed Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons despite it not being on special-sale. I've wanted to play it for a while since people are always raving about it.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. Aegho

Aegho Member

Grabbed Dishonoured at Amazon instead (thanks steam enhanced!) $4.99 instead of €7.49.
    Decided to wait for more bug fixes on State of Decay(read reports of it being badly ported, controls being bad, mouse accelleration problems, etc). Also decided to skip out on Surgeon Simulator and CS:GO, sure might be a bit of fun... but meh.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  20. Gorbax

Gorbax Member

Surgeon Stimulator is a lot of fun, but frankly you're not missing out on much. There's only a few operations, and the premise is exactly the same.

OmniaNigrum likes this.