Horrid Thing Skill

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Chiko, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Chiko

Chiko Member

Thanks! I can open this one.

The reskin is better than just using the same Evil Magic Potato. xD

Vitellozzo and OmniaNigrum like this.
  2. xRg(14)

xRg(14) Member

Nice work!
    Except that too weak mutation in comparison with Weredigle form. (Weredigle have more bonuses to stats.)
    Remade itself into a permanent and switchable mutations.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. Chiko

Chiko Member

Uh oh... I found another issue.

In this mod there are a number of "sneaky spells/skills" that were made in order to use an ability in more than one form. Example:
    Code:
    <ability name="Seize Victim" icon="skills/seizeenemy_64.png" skill="54" level="3" polymorphedOnly="1" polymorphTag="Batty">
      <description text="You gain the ability to quickly overwhelm an unsuspecting victim while in batty form. Flesh creatures are absorbed while the rest are just crushed." />
      <spell name="Seize Victim" />
      </ability>
    <ability name="Seize Victim" icon="skills/seizeenemy_64.png" skill="54" level="3" polymorphedOnly="1" polymorphTag="Diggle">
      <description text="You gain the ability to quickly overwhelm an unsuspecting victim while in diggle form. Flesh creatures are absorbed while the rest are just crushed." />
      </ability>
    <ability name="Seize Victim" icon="skills/seizeenemy_64.png" skill="54" level="3" polymorphedOnly="1" polymorphTag="Evil Magic Potato">
      <description text="You gain the ability to quickly overwhelm a victim while transformed into something else. Flesh creatures are absorbed while the rest are just crushed." />
      </ability>
    <ability name="Seize Victim" icon="skills/seizeenemy_64.png" skill="54" level="3">
      <description text="You gain the ability to quickly overwhelm a victim while transformed into something else. Flesh creatures are absorbed while the rest are just crushed." />
      <playerHitEffectBuff percentage="25" name="Greater Sprout" />
      </ability>
    First one can only be used in Batty form, second one in Diggle form, third one in Horrid Thing form and the last one was made to add the Greater Sprout... the description in there is the main description shown in the skill tome.

The newest Update/DLC renders this useless. I don't think I can do anything to fix this. I would have to change most of it into something entirely different. :(

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Why/how did it become useless?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. Chiko

Chiko Member

The "sneaky" spells in the scripts I mentioned. They no longer work. It's like the last one replaces/overwrites the ones with the same name. Before the update/DLC, all 4 spells with the same name used to run at the same time.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Essence

There's an easy workaround: add a space at the end of the 2nd version's name, and 2 spaces at the end of the 3rd version's name, and so on. That way they have technically different names, but the player never sees it. :)

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  7. Chiko

Chiko Member

Hmm... I hope that fixes it. I'll try it at home, after work. The other issue is with the polymorph and coldown not working anymore. It just stays there stuck for some reason. Sounds like it's also an issue with the new patch/dlc...

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. Essence

That is, but it's another easy fix: re-add the skill to the skillbar right in the same slot it's already in. That fixes the locked cooldown thing.

9. Chiko

Chiko Member

Someone mentioned that in the Steam thread about this mod. It does work but it seems a permanent fix for this depends on the next patch. :p

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

The same way as for some other things. And hey, since now you have a solution that works with the current version, you can make this mod stand on its tentacles once again.

11. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

I just tested the mod again and the last beta patch didn't changed anything about it: every skill work as intended, even without the workaround Essence suggested.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. Chiko

Chiko Member

Wait... so now all of the mod features work as they should? Imma go take a look, that sounds like awesome news.

13. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Did you tried the lattest beta test? The one downloadable only by steam?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. Chiko

Chiko Member

Nuh... I guess that's why I still experienced the bugs. xD

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  15. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Since the last stable version, and with a minor xml tweak, I can assume you Chiko that your mod works like a charm.
    If you want I can post here my version of the mod, where I just corrected the xml form putting up all those triggering abilities. I did it just to play with it without issues, buf if you want to give a vision here I'll not post anything.

16. Chiko

Chiko Member

Sure, that would be awesome. I'd like to see the tweaks.
    Wish I had more free time... this mod definitely needs an update. I was supposed to update it a while ago... :p

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

It's really nothing important, I've just moved the sproute triggers up their triggering ability, so the game could read those simplier.

Attached Files:

18. Chiko

Chiko Member

I was told the mod works as intended. So I went back to re installing this game and see for myself. It all works just perfect now. I guess the lattest beta test Vitellozzo mentioned is now part of the game.

This makes me wanna come back into modding this game again, just a little. I finished other mods I was working on and I haven't found other games to mod so that is another reason. :p

Kazeto, Vitellozzo and OmniaNigrum like this.
  19. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Yep, the game now is fully functional. Welcome back!

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  20. Chiko

Chiko Member

Thanks!

There's still something that bugs me... Game crashes after loading. :(

Edit: Just checked again. The cause is another mod.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013