Mr_Strange's Unofficial Strategy Guide

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Mr_Strange, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Mr_Strange

Mr_Strange Member

Oh absolutely! I'm also revising the older skills - to reflect the awesome new sweetness they have inside. Hopefully I'll get to it this weekend.

2. CaptRory

CaptRory Member

Great! I can't wait to read the new update to your guide!

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. Skafsgaard

Skafsgaard Member

Hey mate,

I just noticed that in the first part of your guide, under the Magic Power section, you state that spell costs are based on your Sagacity. This is no longer the case - it's now based on Savvy.

EDIT: Disregard. I just saw that you have put a note state exactly that right underneath. I guess it's worthwhile to read on before you post, eh.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Mr_Strange

Mr_Strange Member

I haven't added sections on the new YHTNTEP skills, but I've updated parts #1-4, so they reflect the overall skill tweaks like the Shield Bash, Weapon skill, and Perception changes. I'll get a part #7 done - with analysis of the new skills and new builds to use them - in the next few days.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. CaptRory

CaptRory Member

Awesome! I'll be sure to check that out soon.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Skafsgaard

Skafsgaard Member

Will the guide be updated to include the news skills in the recent expansion?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. iamcreasy

iamcreasy Member

Thank you for the guide!

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. Thanks to your Untouchable Ghost build made it to floor 10 :D (but then the game gyped me out of going further by trapping me :()

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. Kablooie

Kablooie Member

I was going to ask what this "Archery" was, given there's no arrows ingame - then looked up the skills, and found there's no such thing as "Crossbow" or "Crossbow Mastery". It clearly says the nefarious CEO's of the Bolt Industry prevent arrows or bullets from gaining much market share . . . . .

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Do not mention the Bolt Council aloud! They have tentacles everywhere!

12. Kablooie

Kablooie Member

. . and, yeah, I completely disagree that crossbows is "terrible as a primary means of inflicting damage". Don't know about thrown weapons . . . maybe I'll go for a Ninja build, someday.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. Turbo164

Turbo164 Member

New item idea:

Evilbane Arrow
    Dagger Class Weapon
    2:dmg_piercing:1:dmg_slashing:
    "When fired from a bow by one true of heart, any evil can be vanquished in a single shot, be they lich, vampire, or vegetable. Too bad the Bolt Council has forbidden the use of bows, so looks like you'll just have to stab someone with it."

OmniNegro likes this.
  14. Michael88

Michael88 Member

Any updates soon? :)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  15. Hexadecimal

Hexadecimal Member

Just started playing DoD the other day and these guides were a great help, thanks a lot!

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. Shan3th3pain

Shan3th3pain Member

Try out unarmed and smithing together, it is so OP! OMJIzzel

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. blitz4

blitz4 Member

Guide's are awesome! Helped me learn all of the skills and game mechanics.
    For the one below, I couldn't stand Killer Vegan, it's too limiting for myself. The new bankster ability is awesome for having inf. money. I'm looking for a strong build like below, but with polearms, smithing, berserker rage, bankster - not sure what else would compliment the build to make it super powerful tho...

The Strongest One in the World - Maces, Killer Vegan, Thrown Weaponry, Smithing, Berseker Rage, Tinkering, Piracy

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. Archeron

Archeron Member

So, will you be making part 7 of the guide? I found them really helpful and would really like it if you updated it.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

If I am not mistaken, Mr. Strange has moved on to Kaiju Combat. He may not have time to complete more of this at the moment.

20. Mr_Strange

Mr_Strange Member

Indeed, Kaiju Combat (now name Colossal Kaiju Combat!) is pretty much eating up all my time the past year. I still play plenty of DoD (Steam reports more than 1,000 hours in-game) - would love to get those last 9 achievements...

But I doubt I'll be updating my old blog with new strategy articles. Maybe for Clockwork Empires?

OmniaNigrum likes this.