The Current Bugs Thread!

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by rydash, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Yes, it is the base price, which means that the actual cost is higher.

Although the cost shown on your screenshot is cost of 2 such items, and yet the game multiplies the cost by 2 because there are 2 items. It is a bug, that I can assure you of.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. stress

stress Member

Currently playing the beta 1.14 and having an issue with equipping and un-equipping items and gaining stats for every time I do so, instead of the stat bonuses being removed when item un-equipping. The bonuses from my passives seem to continually stack, so I'll equip my axe and gain 2 EDR and CRT, then when it's removed the bonuses remain, and when equipped again, I gain another 2 EDR and CRT, effectively turning me into an absolute god. I currently have 140 EDR and 90 CRT.

The attack skills I have are Dual Wield and Axe Mastery. The weapons I was using, though I doubt it matters since this had likely been occurring since the start of the game was the Hexaxe of the Axelords.

Hope this is helpful enough. Kind of funny. I was having such a good run, but lol, can see why now!

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. rydash

rydash Member

Huh. This lines up with Kaidelong's report in the feedback thread, but I cannot figure out how to get this to happen. Do you have the save file of this character, by any chance? It might help.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. This appears to be a bug with all flask items, as Brax just refused to sell me a stack of five Noxious Brimstone Flasks, with a listed price of 3422 zorkmids, because "you don't have the money, punk!" when I have 6483 zorkmids.

Also, two things I've noticed: you still change back to human form when using a wand in Werediggle form (despite there being Werediggle casting animations), and Astrology's Radiant Aura skill, if used when the effect from a Radiant Potion is active, cancels the latter.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

This is a bug with every "stackable" item, not only with flasks.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Alright, finally got the confirmation email. :p

Alright - so my version of DoD crashes completely whenever I use the cannister as a Rogue Scientist and aim it at anything other then a floor tile [and even then it crashes it pretty often] and it crashes every time it autosaves. Now, trying the game again, it's crashed in the first few bits of the tutorial for no reason I can make out.

I love the game when it works, but when it crashes completely within 5 minutes of whenever I start the game gaurenteed it gets old quick. Is there a patch or something?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

What's your game version? In the main menu at the bottom left.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. 1.1.4, most up to date version as I understand it.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. Daynab

Can you upload a save with steps to reproduce it? We've tried to pinpoint that crash before with no success.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. I'll give it a go, and I have been playing around with the compatibility settings and lucked into a set-up that does seem to help. At the very least I don't seem to be crashing during the tutorial levels for no reason any more. I'll put something up as I keep experimenting.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
    OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. Named monster from a quest spawned over water, even though it wasn't an Eely / flying monster. I'm on Mac, Steam.

[​IMG]

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  12. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Rydash or somebody, can you please update the list at the top with where we stand post 1.1.5 or whatever the heck I set the current version number to? It makes it very hard for me to figure out what's going on and what are priority items when everything is mashed together like this.

Exile, OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  13. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Just because caos is cooler, and to be sure we keep track about this bug too:
    Quote from here.

14. Daynab

You set the current version as 1.1.4. I don't know if Rydash has time to update it, I'll talk to him.

15. rydash

rydash Member

Oh god, I'm awake. Uhh. I can certainly reorganize the sublists by priority (instead of order discovered as is presently the case), if that's what you're looking for. Beyond that, everything is more or less updated, with a handful of things (Vitellozzo's report, and the various gas canister reports) not yet catalogued or tested.

The current version as far as I'm seeing is 1.1.4, though.

Vitellozzo, OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  16. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Yeah, okay, the current version is 1.1.4. I can never remember.

And yes, a list of fixes by priority would be ideal. I think the leads are the mousewheel scrolling thing with an empty skill bar, and that whatever the heck is going on with the gas canister that somebody reported last week.

OmniaNigrum, Kazeto and Vitellozzo like this.
  17. rydash

rydash Member

Okay, roughly reorganized and sourced and all that. I still can't get the canister thing to trigger on my own; I'm wondering if, somehow, the entity is getting deflected into a wall or something and is triggering the "if an AoE effect kills something unseen/in a wall the game crashes" bug, but that is pure conjecture.

Vitellozzo and OmniaNigrum like this.
  18. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

I know that someone posted about this back in 2012, but apparently it's still an issue: Achievements with counters seem to reset themselves pretty frequently. For example, I just checked, and according to the achievement counter, I've only eaten 3 Diggle omelettes, and crafted 0 potions.

Turbo164, OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  19. Gary Carves

Gary Carves Member

So, for some reason, I opened Dungeons of Dreadmor today and my mouse cursor was not trackable. It's as if the mouse sensitivity was set to 500% of normal, or something. I have the current Steam version with both expansions. I could not get the game to play, so I uninstalled and reinstalled. I'm not sure what's going on with this. I've had the game since it first came out, and never had this problem. Any ideas, folks?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  20. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Maybe try updating or reinstalling your mouse drivers (or Dredmor itself, if that doesn't work). If you have a different mouse you can temporarily swap in, you might want to try that also (I used to have similar problems with Microsoft mice, but that was several years ago with different programs, so take it with a grain of salt).