Using the new Conversion mode

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Nicholas, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Correct.

2. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

I think it works for any armor. I'm pretty sure I've seen it used on helms and rings.

3. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Maybe a little late, but I'm on this. Time to create a mod that seriously dicks with a bunch of starting equipment.

4. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

I don't like this new feature; it'll make it harder to use lots of mods together.

5. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Ok, just testing it. Sorry for the delay, I really hadn't time for anything.
    This code
    Code:
    <itemDB>

<item name="Wooden Sword" convert="1">
        <price amount="40000"/>
        <weapon crushing="2" existential="20"/>
        <description text="This wooden sword is alarmingly undeadly. Or maybe, it's just what it wants you to know."/>
        </item>
    </itemDB>
    seems to does not function, anyway.
    [​IMG]
    Even without price and description lines, it doesn't convert items.
    Am I making syntax errors here?

By the way, I've also tried Nicholas leather armor change. It doesn't work either.
    Maybe I'm missing something... I've made this custom mod with only the main folder, a "mod" folder, and inside that I've put mod.xml and itemdb.xml.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  6. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

Do you use the 1.1.4 beta...?

7. mining

mining Member

Then don't use total conversion mods.

8. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

There is no more beta, and obviously yes.

9. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Here's the file btw, maybe someone can easly point something stupid at me to correct.

Attached Files:

10. Syphonix

Syphonix Member

I've been unsuccessful at getting this to work as well. I am opted into the betas, though this shouldn't matter anymore. Is anyone having success and could post it?

11. Themaxtr

Themaxtr Member

I really want to convert the character to The Dr not sure which one yet but once i get the hang of moding DoD I'm doing a Dr who mod but i don't want to go to the trouble of making a hole new character unless i can be sure it will be supported.

12. Themaxtr

Themaxtr Member

also does anyone know where i could find the basic hero sprite to work off of?

13. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

The hero sprites use the old .spr format so you'll need to use this. http://dredmod.com/wiki/ConvertSprites
    They can be found at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dungeons of Dredmor\sprites\hero on Windows.

14. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

...Note that it's not currently possible to mod in new main character sprites, only replace them. And I've no idea how anyone would go about writing over the original SPRs.

15. Themaxtr

Themaxtr Member

where can they be found on a mac?

16. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

So, still no shown support on this feature, added in the wild and never looked at again?