Dredmor 1.1.4 Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Nicholas, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Yeah, I have to get in touch with the Humble Folks, and we hae to fix the part of the build bot which deals with uploading Dredmor builds to the Humble Store. I'll probably push the crash fix to Steam first and make sure it's stable before I do that, though, so probably by this weekend we'll get you and Desura sorted.

(One day, ALL systems will have automated tools!)

Exile, Vitellozzo and Kazeto like this.
  2. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

I have found a uber chest on Dungeon Level 2 and thrown all of the levers and it's still not open. I know this was a bug from a long time ago but I can't remember if it was ever fixed or not. So anyway, here is a bug report for it.

3. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

Also, I find that Luckier Find from the Perception skill tree still quite often gives nothing.

4. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Luckier Find or Luckiest Find? Because I think that there's a misspelled option in Luckiest Find

5. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

I'm pretty sure it's Luckier Find.

6. Wootah

Wootah Member

Was showing my wife the game. It hard crashed. I had given her a full melee build.
    Straight to desktop, no messages. She asked me if it was supposed to do that. Hah!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
    Vitellozzo and JimJam707 like this.
  7. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Did you tell her she got an achievement?

Kazeto and Vitellozzo like this.
  8. Wootah

Wootah Member

Haha, I should have! She was already feeling overwhelmed wandering the first floor and having so many items to decide what to pick up. Unfortunately, she doesn't even know about steam achievements.

9. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Anyway, I'm linking my trial for the conversion mode even there, it's important since an official feature doesn't work at all (or at least, it seems so).

First time is the same for everyone, and the vanilla game is quite full of content by itself.
    Aside, it's nice you're sharing this piece of art with your her!

It was purged, yes. Also, no bug report of yours.

10. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

I was playing on level 1 with a new character, Windows XP is my OS. I killed all the minions of a quest and a boss appeared. Unfortunately, he was buried in a wall and I don't believe that wall is destructible and I have no bombs or skills to break walls and test that. I don't remember that wall being a destructible one anyway. EDIT: I purchased some explosives from a vending machine and blasted the wall in a couple of different spots and nothing broke. <END EDIT> Here is a screen shot.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  11. Wootah

Wootah Member

I have had this happen before. I just ignored it until I died later on. I don't think there is a solution to that sort of thing short of a bolt of mass destruction since it appears you aren't a diggle or a golemancer.

12. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

Yeah, but I am a little bit Obsessive/Compulsive and that is just going to bug me until my character dies or I get something that allows me to open the walls. Maybe I'll code something up that allows me to destroy walls and then find it in the dungeon somewhere. :)

13. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Just wait until you come across bolts of mass destruction then.

14. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

In the spell Luckier Find, it has Acidium Salis for an item name. The itemdb.xml has Acidum Salis. That will need to be changed in one place or the other. If I find anything else, I will post them as edits to this post.

EDIT #1: In the spell Luckiest Find, it has Potion of Restoration for an item name. The itemdb.xml doesn't have that potion, it might have meant Potion of Replenishment instead.

EDIT #2: In the spell Luckiest Find, it has Hordratic Lutefisk Cube for an item name. The itemdb.xml has it as Horadric Lutefisk Cube instead.

EDIT #3: In the spell Luckiest Find, it has Firey Wand for an item name. The itemdb.xml has it as Fiery Wand instead.

That is all I found in Lucky Find, Luckier Find and Luckiest Find.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
    Bohandas, Kazeto, rydash and 2 others like this.
  15. rydash

rydash Member

...This explains so much. I love you, LionsDen.

Vitellozzo and Kazeto like this.
  16. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

Your welcome. I already changed my spellDB.xml so that they now work properly. I was tired of the thing telling me Luckier Find or Luckiest Find and nothing showing up. I just had to see if I could fix it so it wouldn't annoy me any more. :)

Vitellozzo and Kazeto like this.
  17. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

On dungeon level 6 I received a kill the horde quest. I have since found every room that I can and still haven't found the horde yet. I haven't found any more hidden rooms or destructible walls. The horde isn't showing on my map and I went through every room a second time and found nothing. I have a save file that the link is below. I have run the mod Needful Things the full collection if you need that. I am running on Windows XP with 2GB of RAM.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6xw9k9vej6z290y/vicki_vale.dredmorsave.zip

Bohandas likes this.
  18. DiggleBro

DiggleBro Member

Waited about a month but didn't see any responses. Can anyone verify "You Used All the Glue On Purpose" does indeed work? Or any easy way to test it/see the counter number despite the achievement itself not having a visible counter (such as checking some line in the save data)?

19. Ray McFarland

Ray McFarland Member

Is 1.1.13 the official latest build for Linux? I know I saw a few questions about it, but I never saw the response. I got it from Steam.

20. Gorbax

Gorbax Member

I do believe the Linux release is one behind on the Windows build
    I shouldn't be trusted on just my word, though, in these matters