Under Consideration Keep code on clicking outside of code box

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Alistaire, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

I just witnessed a horrible thing;

After writing loads of pseudocode, I somehow clicked outside the small inputbox. And everything was lost.
    Would be nice if that was fixed (saving the contents temporarily with Javascript after you click outside the box? Not allowing clicking outside the box?).

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  2. deek

deek Controller of Bits Staff Member

There is a new version of the forum software in the pipelines. One of the many new features is a new editor. I'm going to put this on hold until the new version is released and we can evaluate this problem with that editor.

3. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

Nice, thanks!

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Thank god. The current version leaves much to be desired.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. deek

What else do you want improved with the software? We are always open to ideas to make things better when we have the opportunity.

mining, OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  6. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

The WYSIWYG text editing gets extremely buggy if you try to apply any sort of formatting, to the point where I keep it turned off. Which brings me to the second issue, which is that when WYSIWYG mode is turned off I lose access to the shortcut buttons for bolding, italicising, etc.

7. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

In fact, I'd like to suggest in the future just using a normal forum interface by default

8. deek

The WYSIWYG editor and the buttons are the same piece of software. With the 1.2 update it is moving away from TinyMCE to Redactor. You can see read about it here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/a-new-editor-and-much-much-more.50519/.

I've been streamlining the process of upgrading the forums for 1.2. When the final release drops we should have whole new batch of features which will address this any a few other issues people have been having. Thanks for the feedback :)

OmniaNigrum, Kazeto and mining like this.
  9. deek

The new editor is in place. Please test it out and let me know if it fixes your issues.

OmniaNigrum and Essence like this.
  10. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

OMFG Slow! I seriously can't type on this at all. It fills in letters around two per second, and I type, say 45 times faster than that. As I'm writing this, it's fill on the word "around" back in the sentences back there. This is going to make posting significantly more annoying, and editing on the fly like I usually do with the delete button and retyping because it's faster than moving my hand to the mouse, well, that's never gonna happen.

Furthermore, if you happen to click the mouse anywhere while it's slowly filling in the back log of text you type, it continues inputting it wherever you just moved the cursor to. If you highlight anything, it replaces whatever you highlighted with the next item in the queue. It's borderline unusable.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. deek

What browser are you using?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

I am not having that issue. Essence, update your flash and java.

13. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Go to your account preferences and uncheck "use rich text editor to create and edit messages"

14. deek

Neither flash or java would make any difference with this editor. The editor is made using JavaScript. Usually with JavaScript slows down depending on the browser more than anything.

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  15. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Really? Must've been a different forum that used flash for its editor interface.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. deek

I believe the old editor used flash for handling uploads. The new editor takes advantages of HTML5 to handle uploads I believe.

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  17. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

opera 12.15

OmniaNigrum likes this.