ASCII Invasion ~ playtesters requested!

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by OneMoreNameless, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

In the room "Kid Library" was it intentional that the following blocker is located in the middle of the floor despite normally being a wall decoration?

<customblocker name="Candles On A Shelf" x="3" y="6" pngSprite="dungeon/candle_shelf/candle_shelf" pngFirst="0" pngNum="3" pngRate="100" passable="0" pngAnimate="1" />

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  2. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Floating Eye Gaze is overpowered. It should be resistable and last a shorter time.

The Floating eye is kind of obnoxious overall. If you wanted to make a monster with an attack that instantly kills you (as Floating Eye Gaze effectively does) you should've just given it stupidly high damage.

EDIT: Some playtesting confirms that even with the duration decreased by half and the spell made resistable the Floating Eye remains reasonably dangerous for floor 1

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  3. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

It's been awhile since I played this mod, so maybe they updated it, but Floating eyes never once paralyzed me. All things considered, that's a very bad idea to make them do that in a game with no source of Paralysation resistance.
    Angband made it so have 10 AC makes them not Paralyse you, ADOM had their paralysis not last too long, Nethack, well, I think it wasn't a complete death sentence, even in that game. :)

So, if they should keep that attack, it should be significantly nerfed, and made into a stunning and losing a turn every so often, not constantly.

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  4. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

What, exactly, do you think :magic_resist: does?

5. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

As written the effect in question is set to resistable="0"

6. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Then that should almost definitely get switched.

7. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Why are all the wall destroying monsters on level 10? Why not spread them out a bit?

(and speaking of which, why are the kobolds vegetables? If you're going to make the kobolds vegetables at least make it a corn-on-the-kobold or something silly like that)

Essence and OmniaNigrum like this.
  8. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

The "Skeletonized" debuff locks up the game for vampire characters

Monkooky likes this.
  9. Monkooky

Monkooky Member

I always thought of it like the goblins from Troll 2.

10. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

in craftDB.xml "Gentleman's Dueling Wand" is misspelled "Gentleman's Dualing Wand"

Kazeto likes this.
  11. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

This should fix it. It also nerfs the non-resistable spell cast by the level 1 Eyes to make it resistable and renames an item that has the same name as Rogueish Renovation

Vitellozzo and Kazeto like this.