Triple Town

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Haldurson, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

I saw that this is on Steam on sale for 20% off (yeah, it may get lower before New Year, but who knows). I haven't played the PC version, but I did play the version for my kindle and it was one of the more addictive games I got for it.

From what I understand, and watching the demo, it does look like it plays differently than the version I know. The general principle of it is that each turn you have to place items on the game board (plants, buildings, etc.). Connecting 4 or more like items, causes them all to combine to a higher tier item for more points. Sometimes you have to place these creatures (I think they were ghosts(?) in the Kindle version, but they look more like bears in the PC version). They get in the way and can be annoying. But if you can seal them up by placing other items to trap them, they die and form gravestones, and 4 or more gravestones can be combined just like other items.

Anyway, that's the basic idea of the game. It looks like there may be more to the PC version. We'll see...

Oh and talking about PC sales, FTL is now 40% off on Steam.

/edit
    OK, I've played the PC version now and at its core, it's the same as the Kindle version, but with more things going on, options, etc. For example, there's a slot that allows you to set one item aside for later use, which you can swap with the item in your hand. Also, you can buy things (with game money), and there's a second layer of the game where you build a capital city. Otherwise, it's every bit as addictive as the original.

Godwin and OmniaNigrum like this.
  2. Mr_Strange

Mr_Strange Member

Godwin and OmniaNigrum like this.
  3. Godwin

Godwin Member

Just got into Triple Town (bought it at the steam sale) and yes it's addictive. I remembered reading about this guide so I came here. Belated thanks Mr_Strange :)

OmniaNigrum and Haldurson like this.
  4. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

If you're into this game and have a mobile device you may enjoy Pixel Defenders Puzzle, which takes the same principal and adds a combat system.

Godwin, OmniaNigrum and Haldurson like this.
  5. Godwin

Godwin Member

Huh I haven't, but I might get one soonish, thanks for the heads up, looks interesting :)
    Wish it was on pc :p

EDIT:

Huh I haven't, but I might get one soonish, thanks for the heads up, looks interesting :)
    Wish it was on pc :p

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

May your wishes always come true: http://store.steampowered.com/app/209950/?snr=1_7_15__13

Note that in my post above, I do compare the Ios Kindle version to the PC version. They are slightly different.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Godwin

Godwin Member

Thanks but I already have it on steam, and posted so. I edited my post to make it more clear I was talking about Pixel Defenders Puzzle. Let's keep fingers cross for that wish ;)
    (note: world is peace is vastly more important, God)

OmniaNigrum likes this.